Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
Qatar
MY COMPANY WANTS SACK SOME EMPLOYEES, AND WANT TO ISSUE LETTER TO THEM. PLEASE SEE BELOW.

Dear....,

This is to inform you that your employment with (COMPANY NAME) will end by next month. Please consider this letter as one month notice period.

Thank you for your service and wish you good luck!

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Can you please correct this letter?

All caps is incorrect. Use upper and lower case letters:

My company wants to sack some employees (no comma) and wants to issue a letter to them. Please see below.

Dear....,

This is to inform you that your employment with (COMPANY NAME) will end (delete by) next month. Please consider this letter to be one month's notice (delete period).

Thank you for your service. I wish you good luck!

I wouldn't say "I wish you good luck!"

Last edited by a moderator:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The letter should clearly state the final date of employment. Next month is much too vague.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The letter should clearly state the final date of employment. Next month is much too vague.

I agree. The second sentence about the month's notice seems to fix the date, but you're right, it would be much better to clearly state the last day. Why be coy?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If I were the boss, I would at least have the decency to start with "I am sorry to inform you that your employment at [name of company] will be terminated on [date]."

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I don't know about the employment laws where sanjfer comes from but I believe the laws in Commonwealth countries are based on the laws in UK. There are strict procedures (warnings, enquiry, etc) to be followed before an employee can be terminated or the employer risks being sued by the employee for wrongful termination. I do not think it is so simple as just issuing a termination letter, unless the workers are contract workers and not permanent staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.