Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hello,

1. Would you please review my motivation letter?
2. Do you think the letter clearly explains the reasons and my orientation towards the program?

--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/ Madam,

My name is XXX and I would like to express my strong interest to apply for the Master’s program in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition at XXX University of Technology for September 2018 intake.

I am now working in an IT company as a Chief Technology Officer in my country. I am the primary contact for technical critical issues incurring during the work as well as be responsible for leading team members to finish company’s projects on time and on budget. Apart from it, I have currently been working on the “International Permit” project for the International Automobile Association Inc as a full-stack developer.

I chose Canada in particular XXX University of Technology as my final destination for the following reasons; The first reason comes from the suitability of this course with my future career plan and my own abilities. After several years of work experience, I am able to work solely as a technical expert as well as a manager who is in charge of problem solving and leading a team. What is more, I am the one who loves to stay abreast of the latest trends in technology and wish to apply them to solve problems in a daily life context. Recently, pattern recognition or image processing has become popular and it has also played significant positive impacts on our society in terms of automatically recognizing and verifying information.

As a matter of fact, our “International permit” project receives and processes approximately 200-300 applications every single day. However, it is still a time-consuming process and requires lots of people’s manual work. For example, details of customers need to be checked twice manually to ensure that all the information is correct. Or the fact that customers take pictures of their details and upload/send to our system, the likely of these pictures would appear in wrong directions and therefore, an adjustment done by people is again required. Applying such technology therefore would help ease our problems within a shorter timeline.

Pursuing this further, there is no denying about the quality of education in Canada and at XXX University of Technology. Ranking top 300 universities in the world, XXX can convince any students with its accreditation of high quality, international recognition and continuing development of the qualification awarded. It therefore may give me a great medium for education with high equality for international students like me.

Besides, my objectives for attaining this Master’s program is first to strongly equip myself with the fundamentals of Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. Thanks to the structure of the program that requires students either a thesis research or an actual implementation project, I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to plan and carry out the “Global Driver's License Verification System” project. I strongly believe that with state-of-the-art teaching methods and cutting-edge technologies at XXX as well as XXX’s values are courage to succeed, passion for innovation through science and will to build well-being will offer me all the good conditions to make it possible. The success of the project would later resolve our business problems as well as contribute to providing solutions to today’s social challenges.

To close my letter, I would like to thank you in advance for considering my application. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Your sincerely,
XXX

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to express my strong interest in applying for the Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition master's degree program at XXX University of Technology for the September 2018 intake.

I am currently working in an IT company as the chief technology officer. I am the primary contact for critical technical issues and also responsible for leading team members to complete company projects on time and on budget. Moreover, I am currently working on the “International Permit” project for the International Automobile Association Inc as a full-stack developer.

I chose Canada, and in particular XXX University of Technology, as my study destination for several reasons. Firstly, this course is closely in line with my future career plan and my own abilities. After several years of work experience, I am able to work solely as a technical expert as well as a manager in charge of problem-solving and leading a team. Furthermore, I love to stay abreast of the latest trends in technology. Recently, pattern recognition and image processing have become popular and have also had significant positive impacts on society in terms of automatically recognizing and verifying information.

As a matter of fact, our “International Permit” project receives and processes approximately 200-300 applications every single day. However, it is still a time-intensive process and requires the manual labour of many people. For example, details of customers need to be checked twice manually to ensure that all the information is correct. Or the fact that customers take pictures of their details and upload/send them to our system often means adjustments are again required. Applying pattern-recognition and image-processing technology would, therefore, help streamline the process.

Another reason for my study choice is the quality of education in Canada and particularly at XXX University of Technology. With its ranking in the top 300 universities in the world, studying at XXX is a highly attractive prospect, given the university's accreditation, high standards, and international recognition.

I believe your program will strongly equip me with the fundamentals of Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. As the structure of the program requires students to do either a thesis research task or an actual implementation project, I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to conduct a project titled “Global Driver's License Verification System”. I strongly believe that the state-of-the-art teaching methods, cutting-edge technologies, as well as XXX’s values will enable me to succeed in my project which I trust will contribute to providing solutions for some of today’s social challenges.

To close my letter, I would like to thank you in advance for considering my application. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Your faithfully,

Harold Tang

Status
Not open for further replies.