Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello!

I will be grateful if someone can help me correct my mistakes.

''Christmas Island

Christmas Island is located in the Indian Ocean. It is a world-famous island, so, many people travel to this island to see its intriguing nature.

The island is home to red crabs which have brought its fame to it. Once a year, the crabs return to the sea to breed. There are about 50 million of them and when they are marching into the sea, their look fascinates all the people with its ravishing harmony.

For millions of years, this tiny land has been ruled by crabs. However, an invader called yellow crazy ant has occupied the island. Now, reaching the sea to breed is perilous business for crabs. Because invaders settle in the forest and when the crabs try to go to the sea, they are attacking them by squirting acid into the crabs' eyes and mouths. Crabs can not protect themselves from their chemical weapon. ''

Thanks for your help!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello!

I will be grateful if someone can help me correct my mistakes.

''Christmas Island

Christmas Island is located in the Indian Ocean. It is a world-famous island, [STRIKE]so,[/STRIKE] and/so many people travel to this island to see its intriguing nature.

The island is home to red crabs which have brought [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] it fame. [STRIKE]to it.[/STRIKE] Once a year, the crabs return to the sea to breed. There are about 50 million of them, and when they are marching into the sea in unison, [STRIKE]their look[/STRIKE] they fascinate the onlookers. [STRIKE]s all the people with its ravishing harmony.[/STRIKE]

For millions of years, this tiny island/piece of land has been ruled by crabs. However, an invader called the yellow crazy ant [STRIKE]has occupied[/STRIKE] invaded the island about a hundred years ago. Now, reaching the sea to breed is perilous business for crabs. That is because the invaders [STRIKE]settle[/STRIKE] live in the forest and when the crabs try to go to the sea, they [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] attack [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] them by squirting acid into the crabs' eyes and mouths. Crabs can not protect themselves from their chemical weapon.''

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.