Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Spain
Good morning all !

I'm currently in a hard situation as I need to send my mail to apply for an internship in computer science at the end of this week ! :lol:
So if kind person could review my cover letter to see if I can send it or not, it could be very generous from you ! :D

--- Mail

Dear Sir or Madam,

Currently, a second-year student in a Federal VET Diploma of computer science in Switzerland, I am taking the opportunity to contact you as I am highly interested in being part of your web developing team.

Supported by the Erasmus+ 2018 project, I will complete a one-year internship, from 30th 2018 April to 1st May 2019. Within this two years, I acquire some pretty good knowledge in software and web development (JAVA, SQL, HTML / CSS, or PHP). As well as some bases in system and networking (OSI model, TCP/IP, protocols like IP, NAT, TCP, HTTP, SMB, UDP …) and how to create a Windows Server (DHCP, DNS, ADDS, files sharing), making a IPCOP firewall and create a NAS server. Between my formation, I’ve quickly learned Javascript and evaluate languages (JQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap). I think I have the necessary skills to handle my work correctly. To experiment my acquired knowledge and improve it, a company like XXX would be the best place to fulfill my formation in web development.

As an attachment you can find my cover letter and CV.

I thank you in advance for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours sincerely,
XXX

--- Cover letter
Dear Sir or Madam,

As mentioned in my attached mail, I will fulfill an internship in computer science during 1st May 2018 to 30th April 2019. I came across your linux network engineer position on WWW, and have been highly interested as I find that my academic accomplishments meet all the necessary requirements. I am looking a challenging but enriching internship, which is why I was drawn to this exciting opportunity.

Even if I am a junior computer scientist student, I would like to experiment my skills in a fast-paced environment like your company. Motivated and determinate, organised and imaginative, those qualities, as well as my formation make me believe I am able to work superbly as a web developer.

My attached CV will bring you a further view about my skills and academic coursework. I would be delighted to have an opportunity to meet with you to discuss any internship opportunities you might have. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Yours sincerely,
XXX

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Which one do you need help with? Have you sent either yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.