Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Armenia
Friends,

What could Poe mean by "family wardrobe?" here. Is it a type of a wardrobe—big, tall, huge etc? https://poestories.com/read/systemoftarr.

"Oh, a very long time, indeed — a month certainly — how much longer I can't precisely say. In the mean time,
the lunatics had a jolly season of it — that you may swear. They doffed their own shabby clothes, and made free
with the family wardrobe and jewels. The cellars of the chateau were well stocked with wine; and these madmen
are just the devils that know how to drink it. They lived well, I can tell you."

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
No. See definition n 1 here.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Mher, I noticed that your last four posts have been short excerpts from full sentences but, in your titles, you have capitalised every word. That's not right. It's OK to capitalise the first word (although in your cases, it's not necessary) but it's not right to capitalise the words after that.

The title of this thread, for example, should have been either "Family wardrobe" or "family wardrobe".

Mher

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Armenia
Mher, I noticed that your last four posts have been short excerpts from full sentences but, in your titles, you have capitalised every word. That's not right. It's OK to capitalise the first word (although in your cases, it's not necessary) but it's not right to capitalise the words after that.

The title of this thread, for example, should have been either "Family wardrobe" or "family wardrobe".
Ok. I will take it into account. I thought headers are always capitalized in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.