Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I am applying for M.Sc. degree at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals as a research assistant, believing in its role in supporting and investing in young researchers to contribute to petroleum industry's improvement.
At some point in my life, I had to choose my future career path, I had many choices; some of them are easy and ordinary and some others are hardworking but lead to a remarkable career and contributions to humankind's development. I asked myself "Is an ordinary life worth living?" and my answer is "BIG NO". Every step I choose should get me closer to engrave my name in the history of petroleum research and industry.
I remember when I was lectured at Production Optimization Using Nodal Analysis Course at Suez University and the professor "Dr. Ahmed Gawish" gave us an optional assignment to code a program calculating pressure losses in pipes at any required angle and plotting the traverse curve intended at different gas-liquid ratios, it was a challenge and I formed a team to solve it. For 2 months, our team was doing research, communicating with teaching assistants, developing the program by examining until we finally were the only team that made it and recognized by the professor and our colleagues. At this moment, I saw what it feels to be unique and to do outstanding matters.
Since then, I have been planning for my next challenge, so I insist on joining KFUPM, the highest ranking university in the middle east and one of the leading universities in the world. I am amazed by the CPG's dean's word about the college's matchless three elements: legacy, integration and industry access, what puts a huge responsibility on the shoulder of any researcher there to benefit from each instant of his/her time to follow the college's vision to contribute to humankind’s knowledge of discovery and recovery, and to contribute to technology-based company or government missions.
I am interested in reservoir and production research and new technologies that can produce oil and gas at lower money and impact on the environment. I am motivated by the environment, the atmosphere, modern labs and tools provided by KFUPM, and the developmental vision of Saudi Arabia, the world's most oil-producing country. The academic staff that the researcher there can work with makes me proud to work under their supervision, I have read some of their researches and studied their contributions to science during my B.Sc. degree and I am so enthusiastic when I read about them, their qualifications and fields of interest.
I have failed many times especially when I was volunteering at SPE Suez University Student Chapter. I want to get higher responsibilities and be in higher leading positions, I had been rejected many times before I became Human Resources Development Committee's Head the one who is responsible for the development of the chapter's members especially in presentation and leadership skills.
I know what it feels to fail and what it requires to continue without despair until success when the goal is listed on my plans. I have made my decision to join KFUPM and prove outstanding performance there. Now, I look forward to yours.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am applying for the M.Sc. degree at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals as a research assistant.

At some point in my life, I had to choose my future career path, and I had many choices; some of them were easy and ordinary, and others seemed challenging, but they would lead to a remarkable career and contribute to humankind's development. I asked myself "Is an ordinary life worth living?" and my answer was a big “NO”. Every step I choose should take me closer to engraving my name in the history of petroleum research and industry.

I remember when I taught the Production Optimization Using Nodal Analysis course at Suez University, Professor Dr. Ahmed Gawish gave us an optional assignment to code a program calculating pressure losses in pipes at any required angle and plotting the traverse curve intended at different gas-liquid ratios. It was a challenge, and I assembled a team to solve it. For two months, our team was doing research, communicating with teaching assistants, developing the program by trial and error, until we finally were the only team that made it and was recognized by the professor and our colleagues. At that moment, I experienced what it feels to be unique and to do outstanding things.

Since then, I have been planning for my next challenge, so I have decided to go to KFUPM, the highest ranking university in the Middle East and a leading international academic institution. I am impressed by the college's matchless three elements: legacy, integration and industry access, which puts a huge responsibility on the shoulder of any researcher to excel.

I am interested in reservoir and production research and new technologies that can produce oil and gas at lower cost and impact on the environment. I am motivated by the environment, the atmosphere, modern labs and tools provided by KFUPM, and the developmental vision of Saudi Arabia, the world's foremost oil-producing country. The academic staff that the researcher there can work with are renowned for their calibre. I read some of their research and studied their contributions to science during my B.Sc. Degree, and I was highly impressed with their work, their qualifications and fields of interest.

In ABCD, I was Human Resources Development Committee's Head, responsible for the development of the chapter's members especially in presentation and leadership skills.

I know what it feels like to fail and what it requires to continue without despair until success when the goal is in sight. I have made my decision to join KFUPM, and I am ready to prove outstanding performance there.

I thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Mohamed Elzoghpy

Status
Not open for further replies.