Bec.....

Hello guys.......
    In the three months later,I would attend the examination of Cambridge Business English Certificate Vantage (BEC).Due to my passing of CET4 and CET6 which are the common certificate on English ,my written English is not bad,but those two examinations don't include the spoken English test, my spoken English is not good.Aternatively ,I practise my spoken English unfrenquently.Because of this, I want to gain some advice about practice of spoken English.Recently ,I found the great forum, and I think that I maybe be capable enhance my level of spoken English by chatting here.Is it correct?Any effective advice?
    By the way,in my part, is there any good mothods to improve my listening in the brief time?
    Thank you sincerely.
    KOBE
    Last edited by i love kobe bryant; 13-Aug-2006 at 14:48.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • South Africa
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Re: Bec.....

Hi Bec..
    I fully understand the predicament you are in. I'm currently learning the German language and I experienced exactly what you do now. Unfortunately, I have to tell you that there is no "brief or quick" way of overcoming the problem you have. Your command of the language will only improve with constant, regular practice. I advice you to find a practicing or learning partner. Maybe someone who was studying the English language with you at the same instition. You can agree to meet one another regularly for coffee or tea. In this time you will then only speak to one another in English. I guarantee that you will significantly improve your spoken English. It worked for me when I started learning the German language..

Good luck!!
    Levona

Quote Originally Posted by Levona View Post
    Hi Bec..
    I fully understand the predicament you are in. I'm currently learning the German language and I experienced exactly what you do now. Unfortunately, I have to tell you that there is no "brief or quick" way of overcoming the problem you have. Your command of the language will only improve with constant, regular practice. I advice you to find a practicing or learning partner. Maybe someone who was studying the English language with you at the same instition. You can agree to meet one another regularly for coffee or tea. In this time you will then only speak to one another in English. I guarantee that you will significantly improve your spoken English. It worked for me when I started learning the German language..
    Good luck!!
    Levona
    Thank you a lot .
    Fortunately,I have make a friend as my spoken-English partner to practise .
    What you said is very good for me.Thank you truly again.
    And I started the new thread in order to seek whether there are other good mothods to solve my problem,hehe...
    By the way ,can I make friends with you?I will send my e-mail in term of forum message to you,hehe...
    All the best...

KOBE...

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

In addition to Levona's good advice, you can look for people to speak with via Skype, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tdol View Post
    In addition to Levona's good advice, you can look for people to speak with via Skype, etc.
    Oh,tdol . I just found the Mixxer(http://www.language-exchanges.org/login.aspx) which introduces the mothod which you refer to above.And I am trying to make good use of it.Ah.......

I have a question to everyone:
    What if my English very bad, and I'll practice it with people who's English not good enough, is there any chance that my English will be even worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Irushka View Post
    I have a question to everyone:
    What if my English very bad, and I'll practice it with people who's English not good enough, is there any chance that my English will be even worse?
    I think it would be hard to improve when your partner's English is not good too.