Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Mongolian
Home Country
Mongolia
Current Location
Mongolia
[h=2]Hey guys. Can someone check if my text has incomplete or misplaced words or....[/h]
Over the years of studying in Russia, I have received valuable knowledge and life experience. Became more mature, I began to understand better how everything in this life is arranged. But I have a lot of gaps and my belief that my little adventure in Australia of gaining unique knowledge and experience in this field can push me to fill this gap. To my decision to choose this path was two considerable things that did affect to my judgment, first – it was my supervisor in summer school in France, her passion to work with international students, communicate with all of them individually inspired me strongly. She told me that it’s not easy how it seems to be, you not only need to know where students come from, but it’s also important to know their culture, so you can understand all their aspiration. And I was thinking how I’m working with people from around the world; becoming friend with them, swapping ideas and learning all the best from the people. This is all really inspired me. The second reason is my ambition to try new things. When I was in France I felt with love with this language. But I discovered that trying to learn a language it’s not only memorizing new words it much more complex, you need to learn their culture and think in a new way. Of course, it’s difficult, but for me, it is an exciting challenge. Looking to course plan is also important for me when I was observing subjects in both Universities that I choose; I was interested in course related to the areas of my living and was excited to learn a lot from a different point of view. In addition to these subjects, it’s a huge opportunity to learn a language for my own choice, not only because it’s interesting but will be needed for my future. Area of studying was also significant. Studying in one of these two multicultural cities can improve what I learned in lessons in an everyday stroll. And studies in one of the high ranked universities in social sciences is highly motivating me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
(Delete Hey guys. We're not all guys.) Can someone check to see if my text has incomplete or misplaced words or....

Over (Delete the) years of studying in Russia, I have received valuable knowledge and life experience. I became more mature and began to understand better how everything in this life is arranged. But I have a lot of gaps and believe my little adventure in Australia, where I gained unique knowledge and experience in this field, (What field?) can push me to fill these gaps. Leading to my decision to choose this path were two important factors (a supervisor isn't a thing) that affected my decision.

(New paragraph) First
was my supervisor in summer school in France. Her passion for working with international students and communicating with all of them individually inspired me strongly. She told me that it’s not as easy as it seems to be. You not only need to know where students come from. (Delete but) It’s also important to know their culture (Delete the comma) so you can understand all their aspirations. It made me think about how I’m working with people from around the world, becoming friends with them, swapping ideas, and learning all the best from them. This (Delete is all really) inspired me.

(New paragraph) The second reason is my desire to try new things. When I was in France I fell in love with the language. But I discovered that trying to learn a language is not only memorizing new words. It's much more complex. You need to learn the culture and think in a new way. Of course, it’s difficult, but for me (Delete the comma) it is an exciting challenge. Course planning was also important for me when I was considering/selecting/reviewing subjects in both universities that I chose. I was interested in courses related to the areas that affected my life and was looking forward to learning (Delete a lot from a) different points of view.

In addition (Delete to these subjects), it’s a huge opportunity (What is a huge opporunity?) to learn a language of my own choosing, (Didn't you choose to learn French?) not only because it’s interesting, but because I'll need it in the future. Where I will study is also significant. Studying in one of these two multicultural cities (What cities? This is confusing. Do you mean one of these universities?) can improve what I have learned (Delete in lessons in an everyday stroll. It makes no sense.). And studies in one of the high-ranked universities in social sciences is highly motivating me.
This is confusing. In the second paragraph, you seem to be trying to say that you've already gone to two universities and now want to go to a third. In the third paragraph, it sounds like you're choosing between two universities now. You need to rephrase something to make it clear.

Be careful making sentences. Break long-winded, wordy sentences into two or three shorter sentences. Check to make sure it's clear what the subjects, verbs, and objects are.

An everyday stroll is an ordinary walk. Do you learn things by taking walks? What does that have to do with going to school?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
AmurRa, have you really been to France, Russia, and Australia?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I have received valuable knowledge and life experience.

Are you still studying in Russia? If not, use I received.

Status
Not open for further replies.