Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Could you please correct my motivation letter? I would be grateful!

Dear Madam or Sir,
My name is ***. I am a third-year bachelor student at Saint-Petersburg State University, Faculty of biology, and I am writing this letter to apply to your summer programm.

I have decided to be a biologist since my high school because I realized that biology is a science that makes the breakthroughs in both fundamental and clinical aspects of our life constantly. My impression of biology is incrreased in University for the reason that I opened the modern opportunities for biology. For example, when I was a student of Bioinformatic summer school 2017, I was surprised that programming is a perfect match for the biology. This knowledge was important for me due to my love to molecular biology and my goal to find the way of my career as a scientist that I like. As a result, I have finished a lot of courses on programming and started to participate in the programming club.

I always love biology and broaden my knowledge in the fields such as genetics, biochemistry, histology, and cytology. Therefore personally for me there could not be anything more relevant and appropriate than an attempt to build up a career in science. As a result of my development as a biologist, I have stayed one of the five winners of All-Russia competition «I am a Professional», the section of a Biotechnology. Also the creative side`s of biology inspired me to write the popular scientific article.

The more I read about National Institute of Genetic, the more I love this institute. NIG really impacts on modern science, and the greatest scientists from NIG, e.g name1, name2, name3, and others are ground for hard respect to NIG. The faculty interviews are strongly motivated me not only very interesting scientific topics and achievements of interviewers, but also their human qualities, including their motivation, goodwill, and absolutely love of their point of researching.

I am very interested in researching of laboratory[ and think that it is very important to understand the principles of molecular evolution and population genetics at the level of both bioinformatics and genetics approaches because it can lead scientists to many discoveries crucial for understanding the evolution and co-evolution, phylogeny, gene expression and protein evolution, and other. I am convinced that my goals to develop my programming skills and tried to complete their with my absolutely love to molecular biology and genetics can be translated into the working of laboratory. I believe that I will be able to gain a lot of experience necessary for my future career in science after attending the summer practice and working in the laboratory, as well as useful skills and knowledge about the molecular evolution, population genetics, and bioinformatics].

To sum up, I am convinced that NIGINTERN will be an indispensable experience for me, and I strongly motivated to work in NIG.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You need to edit post 1 to remove all the non-functioning code.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a third-year bachelor's student at the Faculty of Biology in Saint Petersburg State University, and I am writing this letter to apply to your summer program.

I decided to be a biologist when I was in high school because I realized that biology is a science in which breakthroughs are fundamental in all aspects of our life. My love of biology increased at university because, with advances in modern technology, biology can open a vast array of opportunities. For example, when I attended the Bioinformatic Summer School in 2017, I learned first-hand that programming is a perfect match for biology. This knowledge was important for me due to my love of molecular biology and my goal of pursuing a career which combines both disciplines. As a result, I successfully completed several courses on programming and have been participating in programming clubs.

Furthermore, I am always interested in broadening my knowledge in fields such as genetics, biochemistry, histology, and cytology. I believe they are relevant and appropriate to build up my career in science.

For the past 5 years, I have been one of the five winners of the all-Russia “I am a Professional” competition, in the area of biotechnology. I have also written and published a few popular scientific articles.

The more I read about the National Institute of Genetics, the more I love this institute. NIG really impacts modern science, and the greatest scientists from NIG, e.g name1, name2, name3, and others are highly renowned and respected in the scientific community. The faculty interviewers strongly motivated me not only by the very interesting scientific topics and achievements discussed, but also by their human qualities, including their motivation, goodwill, and absolute dedication to their field of research.

I am very interested in laboratory laboratory, and I think that it is very important to understand the principles of molecular evolution and population genetics at the level of both bioinformatics and genetics because it can lead scientists to many discoveries crucial for understanding the evolution and co-evolution, phylogeny, gene expression and protein evolution. I am convinced that my goals to develop my programming skills and my absolutely love of molecular biology and genetics can be translated into successful laboratory research work. I believe that I will be able to gain the invaluable experience necessary for my future career in science after attending the summer practice and working in your laboratory, as well as the useful skills and knowledge of molecular evolution, population genetics, and bioinformatics.

I am convinced that NIGINTERN will be an indispensable experience for me, and I am strongly motivated to succeed at NIG.

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

Maria Fyodorova

Status
Not open for further replies.