[Application] Application for Bachelor in Business administration and Digital managment

Status
Not open for further replies.

O0307

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Norwegian
Home Country
Norway
Current Location
Norway
Dear Sir/Madam
This is my application for BSc Business Administration and Digital Management at the XXXX Business School.
First, I would like to introduce myself; my name is XXXXXXX, I am 20 years old and I am from Norway. During my high school years, I attended Oslo Handelsgymansium, which is a school with long traditions of students opting for a career in business. When choosing subjects like: Entrepreneurship and marketing, my interest within the field of business grew profoundly. At the same time, I had English A and German BA, as languages, and the understanding of different cultures fascinate me.
To further my understanding of what it is like to study business, I am currently enrolled in a yearlong part-time study at “Handelshøyskolen BI Oslo”. The course I am taking consists of four subjects. Two of which I have already completed, and two of which I am currently studying.
During the first semester, I had “Situational leadership”, where I learned how and why a leader should vary her/his leadership style to best fit the given situation, rather than using a “one size fits all” approach. As well as how I can practice leadership styles, such as coaching, directing, delegating and supporting, and how to recognize which style to use when, and with whom.
The second subject was; “Supply chain management and logistics”. This was the subject that made me undoubtedly confident that I wanted to study within the field of business. First, I learned the different ways supply chains are organized and the pros and cons of these. Secondly, I am also now able to conduct economic forecasting, using MAD (Mean absolute deviation) and MAPE (Mean absolute percentage error), to predict trends. Thirdly, I was taught about effective stock control and inventory management, for instance how to calculate EOQ (Economic order quantity). Lastly, I learned about transportation. How it affects the supply chains, along with the different modes of transportation.
This semester I am taking; Business administration and HR management. So far, I am enjoying these as much as the previous two subjects.
Why do I wish to study the programme?
I wish to study BSc Business administration and Digital Management because I believe, that to stay competitive in this digital age, one must have a considerable amount of insight as to how new technology works and how it will affect the whole world. Today the speed of digital innovation is exponentially skyrocketing.
Customers are increasingly expecting to be able to buy, use and pay for services and products, in a simple and reliable way. However, whenever and wherever they would like. Therefore, organizations are forced to make decisions faster, to stay competitive. Using new tools and techniques to turn data into meaningful business insights, so that they can construct statistical models, that will help them segment customers and tailor their offers, thus being able to react quickly to occurring trends.
Today people all over the world have access to mobile phones and/or the internet, that basically means that in this digital age, competitors are not just down the road, or in the same city or even in the same country, they are everywhere in the world, I therefore, strongly believe that a business education at CBS coupled with an understanding of todays, and tomorrows digital innovations will give me an edge to pursue a successful career in business in the future.

I am not entrily finished with it, there are some aspects i still am going to cover, like how i am socially, my future plans and why denmark.
Thank you so much in advance

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Re: 3d Modeling services

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for the BSc Business Administration and Digital Management at the XXXX Business School.

I am 20 years old, and I am from Norway. In June 2017, I graduated from Oslo Handelsgymansium, which is a school with a long tradition of students opting for a career in business. After choosing subjects like entrepreneurship and marketing, my interest in the field of business grew profoundly. At the same time, I studied English and German, as foreign languages, and I found learning about different cultures fascinating.

To further my understanding of what it is like to study business, I am currently enrolled in a yearlong part-time course at Handelshøyskolen BI Oslo. The course I am taking consists of four subjects, two of which I have already completed, and the other two I am currently studying. During the first semester, I had Situational Leadership, where I learned how and why a leader should vary her/his leadership style to best fit the given situation, rather than using a one-size-fits-all approach. I also learned how I can practice leadership styles, such as coaching, directing, delegating and supporting, and how to recognize which style to use when, and with whom. The second subject was Supply Chain Management and Logistics. This was the subject that made me undoubtedly confident that I wanted to establish a career in business. First, I learned the different ways supply chains are organized and the pros and cons of these. Secondly, I am also now able to conduct economic forecasting, using MAD (mean absolute deviation) and MAPE (mean absolute percentage error), to predict trends. Thirdly, I was taught about effective stock control and inventory management, for instance how to calculate EOQ (Economic order quantity). Lastly, I learned about transportation and how it affects the supply chains, along with the different modes of transportation. This semester, I am taking Business Administration and HR Management. So far, I am enjoying these as much as I enjoyed the previous two subjects.

I wish to do the BSc in Business Administration and Digital Management because I believe that to stay competitive in this digital age, one must have considerable insight into how new technology works and how it will affect the whole world. Today, the speed of digital innovation is skyrocketing. Customers are increasingly expecting to be able to buy, use and pay for services and products in a simple and reliable way however, whenever and wherever they would like. Therefore, organizations are forced to make decisions faster, to stay competitive. Using new tools and techniques to turn data into meaningful business insights enables business analysts to construct statistical models that help them segment customers and tailor their offers, thus being able to react quickly to new trends.

Today, people all over the world have access to smartphones and/or the internet, and that basically means that in this digital age, competitors are not just down the road, or in the same city or even in the same country. They are everywhere in the world. Therefore, I strongly believe that a business educational qualification from CBS coupled with an understanding of today's and tomorrow's digital innovations will give me an edge to pursue a successful career in business in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.