Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, can someone please check the following sentences? Thank you.

Long synopsis
Nachiyaar is an honest and persistent cop living in the urban city of Chennai. She is currently working on a case that involves a minor love story: a young naive lover who has been accused of raping her girlfriend. The case seems easy enough, until it suddenly takes a turn for the worse. How will Nachiyaar resolve the case that has restricted the life of the young lovers?

Short synopsis
A police officer, Nachiyaar is on a mission to uncover the truth of a young man who is accused of raping his girlfriend. Can she bring the young man to justice?

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
NOT A TEACHER

Hello, Gaya87:

1. Congratulations on your good English. I could not find any grammatical mistakes.

a. You made a typo(graphical) error in the long synopsis: You accidentally wrote "her girlfriend" instead of "his girlfriend."

2. In the long synopsis, you write: "How will Nachiyaar resolve the case that has restricted the life of the young lovers?"

a. Maybe I am the only one, but I interpret that sentence as implying that the young man is innocent of the accusation.

3. Then in the short synopsis, you write: "Can she bring the young man to justice?"

a. Maybe again I am the only one, but I interpret that sentence as implying that the young man is guilty of the accusation.

4. I have not, of course, seen the movie. But if the young man is, indeed, innocent, then you might consider writing something like this: "Can she obtain justice for the young man?"

P.S. Instead of "persistent," you may wish to use "dedicated."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.