Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Please help with grammar and form - cover letter internal vacancy:

With regards to currently advertised vacancy for PU technician, I would like to apply for this position.
I working for this company from 3,5 years, more than 2 years as a foaming machine operator. As only person I train myself with operate, do a tool change, undertake minor repairs on all tree positions (outer, inner, passengers). During this time I have many problems with production,also with foaming and robot maintenance duties.
From the beginning I tried to develop myself, I know operations of all tree positions around L550 foaming machine , and character of differences which is essential to understand how far complex is maintenance of foam, temperature, and as far as I can I always try to understand reasons. I realize there is only part of duties PU technician, but I am still only operator and I have to stay on my place only.
I willing to further develop and rich my knowledge. I am open mind person, with higher education level. I have no problem with communication, I know most of our operators, team leaders, and maintenance staff and I have good relations with all of them. I am also always happy to help person willing to get things better and easier. Hope all of this can help to give me a chance as a PU maintenance technician.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When you copied and pasted your text, lots of spaces were lost. I have marked them all in red in your post. Please click on Edit Post and put those missing spaces back in.
I have marked spelling mistakes in blue. You might as well fix those while you're doing the other edit.
After you've corrected those, we will look at the rest of the content.

OscarVolf

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Sorry. I have fixed all mistakes which you marked

Last edited:

OscarVolf

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
I am really sorry but if anyone can help me, please do it now because Friday 23rd is a last day to apply..

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please help with [STRIKE]grammar and form -[/STRIKE] my cover letter for an internal vacancy:

[STRIKE]With regards to currently advertised vacancy for PU technician, [/STRIKE]

I would like to apply for [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] the position of PU Technician, advertised on [date].

I have been working for this company [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] for [STRIKE]3,5[/STRIKE] 3.5 years, more than 2 years of which as a foaming machine operator. As the only person working in that role, I have trained myself with operate, how to do a tool change, undertake minor repairs on all tree positions (outer, inner, passengers).

During this time I have dealt with/solved many production problems [STRIKE]with production,[/STRIKE] and also with foaming and robot maintenance duties.

[STRIKE]From the beginning[/STRIKE] Since joining the company, I have tried to develop myself; I know [all] the operations of all tree positions around L550 foaming machine, and character of differences which is essential to understand how far complex is maintenance of foam, temperature, and as far as I can I always try to understand reasons.

I realize that [STRIKE]there is[/STRIKE] these are only part of of the duties of a PU technician, but I am still only an operator and I have to stay on my place only.

I am willing to further develop and enrich my knowledge. I am an open-minded person, with a [STRIKE]higher[/STRIKE] level of education. [STRIKE]level.[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]have no problem with communication[/STRIKE] am an effective communicator, I know most of our operators, team leaders, and maintenance staff and I have good relations with all of them. I am also always happy to help [STRIKE]person willing[/STRIKE] people to [STRIKE]get[/STRIKE] make things better and easier.

I hope [STRIKE]all of this[/STRIKE] the information above can help you to [STRIKE]give me a chance as a[/STRIKE] offer me the position of PU Maintenance Technician.

See above. I don't know what you mean by the parts in blue.

Will you have to undergo an internal interview for the position? If so, I think you're going to find that the interviewers might be surprised that you managed to submit a grammatically correct application but that your spoken English is of a lower standard. (I assume you speak how you write.) That is the danger of getting us to help with an application form for any job. You might be giving the people who matter an unrealistic view of your English level.

OscarVolf

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Thank you . People who's leading interviews are well known us an vice versa. Anyway they giving proper English training for people who's choose e.g full ielts training with exams and chosen program of learning.
Also this is a real chance for me with language, because now I working only with idiots like me who's can't speak fluently in English.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you.

The people [STRIKE]who's[/STRIKE] who [STRIKE]leading[/STRIKE] lead/conduct the interviews are well known to us and vice versa. [STRIKE]Anyway[/STRIKE] Also, they [STRIKE]giving[/STRIKE] provide proper English training for the people [STRIKE]who's[/STRIKE] who are [STRIKE]choose[/STRIKE] chosen, e.g full [STRIKE]ielts[/STRIKE] IELTS training, with exams and theirchosen program of learning.

Also, this is a real chance for me with [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] English, because now I am working only with [STRIKE]idiots[/STRIKE] people like me [STRIKE]who's[/STRIKE] who can't speak fluently in English.

See my corrections above.

Don't be hard on yourself by calling yourself an idiot. More importantly, don't refer to your work colleagues as idiots either.

I wish you good luck with your application and with your future English learning. Of course, you can carry on getting help from this forum in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.