Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"That account name, the favorite videos of collector's figures, sports even movie trailers. All this made suspect the man who was behind of the upload of the infamous video. After that, she decided to send a direct message, threatening the consequences of the infamous video that went up and clearly harmed."

Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"That account name, the favorite videos of collector's figures, sports even movie trailers. All this made suspect the man who was behind of the upload of the infamous video. After that, she decided to send a direct message, threatening the consequences of the infamous video that went up and clearly harmed."

Thanks.
I don't understand the parts in blue. I strongly suggest you rewrite the whole thing in clear and simple language.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar: First of all, thanks for your help.

Context: An old video was uploaded to social networks, where a teacher was exposed to making fun of a classmate (fifteen years ago). Because the video is edited, the teacher felt that it was an unfair situation, which could harm her reputation before her students.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immediately after arriving home, the teacher began to look for the name of the account that uploaded that infamous video. Once the account was found, many things made her doubt about her first suspicions about the author of that dirty play. The name of the account along with the favorite videos, more than anything of metal music, practical jokes and animals, made her suspect that another person was guilty of uploading that infamous video. The teacher decided to send a direct message, threatening about the consequences of uploading that kind of video.

Thanks,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear teechar: First of all, thanks for your help.

Context: An old video was uploaded to social networks, where a teacher was exposed [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] making fun of a classmate [Do you mean when that teacher was a student?] (fifteen years ago). Because the video is edited, the teacher felt that [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] was [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] unfair [STRIKE]situation, which[/STRIKE] and could harm her reputation before/with her students.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immediately after arriving home, the teacher began to look for the name of the account that uploaded that infamous video. Once the account was found, many things made her doubt about her first suspicions about the author of that dirty play. The name of the account along with the favorite videos, more than anything of metal music, practical jokes and animals, made her suspect that another person was guilty of uploading that infamous video.[But I thought you said she'd already established that the video was uploaded by that account holder!] The teacher decided to send a direct message, threatening [STRIKE]about the[/STRIKE] serious consequences [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] for uploading that kind of video.

Thanks.
I don't understand the underlined text.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar: First of all, thanks for your answer.

Yes, the video was when the teacher was a student.

The teacher suspected that the uploader was a woman. But after checking the uploader account, she realized that maybe was a man, and a man that she knew from the past.

"Immediately after arriving home, the teacher began to look for the name of the account that uploaded that infamous video. Once the account was found, many things made her doubt about her first suspicions about the author of that dirty play. In the first instance, she blamed the strange woman of the course. But many elements, as the name of the account along with the favorite videos, like metal music, practical jokes and animals, made her suspect that another person was guilty of uploading that infamous video."

The teacher decided to send a direct message, threatening serious consequences for uploading that kind of video."

Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
That account name, the favorite videos of collector's collector figures, the sports content, and even the movie trailers all [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] made her suspect [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] that a man [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] was behind of the uploading of the infamous video. After that, she decided to send a direct message, threatening [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] dire consequences as a result of the infamous video that went up and clearly harmed her reputation.

Context: An old video was uploaded to social networking sites, where a teacher was exposed [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for making fun of a classmate, fifteen years before, when both were school/college students. [STRIKE]ago[/STRIKE]). Because the video [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was edited, the teacher felt that it was [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] unfair [STRIKE]situation, which[/STRIKE] and could harm her reputation before/with her students.

Immediately after arriving home, the teacher began to look for the name of the account that uploaded that infamous video. Once the account was found, many things made her have doubts about her [STRIKE]first[/STRIKE] initial suspicions [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] regarding who the culprit might be. [STRIKE]author of that dirty play.[/STRIKE] The name of the account, along with the favorite videos, [STRIKE]more than anything of[/STRIKE] and particularly the heavy-metal music, the practical jokes and the photos/videos of animals, made her suspect that another person was guilty of uploading that infamous video. The teacher decided to send a direct message, threatening [STRIKE]about the[/STRIKE] serious consequences [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] for uploading that kind of video.

The teacher had at first suspected that the uploader was a woman. But after checking the uploader's account, she realized that maybe it was a man, and a man that she knew from the past.

"Immediately after arriving home, the teacher began to look for the name of the account that uploaded that infamous video. Once the account was found, many things made her doubt [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] her first suspicions about who the uploader might be. [STRIKE]author of that dirty play. In the first instance,[/STRIKE] Initially, she had blamed the strange woman of the course. But many factors, [STRIKE]elements,[/STRIKE] such as the name of the account, along with the favorite videos, like metal music, practical jokes and animals, made her suspect that another person was guilty of uploading that infamous video."

The teacher decided to send a direct message, threatening serious consequences for uploading that kind of video."
I don't understand the part in blue.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar: Once again, thanks for your help.

The teacher was at a leadership course. Suddenly, a strange woman of the course started showing the infamous video.

Thanks,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Do you mean that woman was behaving in a strange way, or that she was a stranger?

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar: Once again, thanks for your answer.

The woman was a stranger.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Use "she had blamed that female stranger from the leadership course".

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar:

Thanks for all your help and time.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thanks for all your help and time.
You're welcome. Who knows, maybe one day you can show me around Chile if I'm lucky enough to travel to your beautiful country. ;-)

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
You're welcome. Who knows, maybe one day you can show me around Chile if I'm lucky enough to travel to your beautiful country. ;-)

Dear teechar: Sorry for not having answered before. I just saw your message.

I will be happy to show you my country when I travel to Chile! :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I will be happy to show you my country when I travel to Chile! :)

Your member profile shows both your home country and your current location as Chile. Why would you need to travel there if you're already there?

Status
Not open for further replies.