• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Thank you letter

Hello,
    I have done an interview today, and I need to send a thank you letter. Can you please correct my thank you letter.

Dear Mr XXX,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to interview me for the Sales Engineer position with XXXX. I enjoyed meeting you and learning more about XXXX.

After speaking with you, I am confident that my skills and educational background match your needs. Also, I am a fast learner, highly motivated and able to work under pressure. Also, my communication skills make me a perfect candidate for this position.

I am very interested in working for XXXX as a Sales Engineer and I look forward to hearing from you once the final decisions are made regarding this position. Please feel free to contact me at any time if further information is needed. My cell phone number is XXXX or XXX @hotmail.com. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

XXX XXX

Thanks
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 15-Apr-2018 at 15:19. Reason: Removed quote box to make it easier to quote the text in our responses

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Thank you letter

Quote Originally Posted by MrSho0t View Post
    Hello,
    I have done had an interview today (no comma here) and I need to send a thank you letter. Can you please correct my thank you letter.

Dear Mr XXX,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to interview me for the position of Sales Engineer position with XXXX. I enjoyed meeting you and learning more about XXXX.

After speaking Having spoken with you, I am confident that my skills and educational background match your needs. Also, I am a fast learner, highly motivated and able to work under pressure. Also, my communication skills make me a perfect candidate for this position.

I am very interested in working for XXXX as a Sales Engineer and I look forward to hearing from you once the final decisions decision are is made regarding this position.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you need any further information. is needed. My cell phone number is You can reach me on XXXX or at XXX @hotmail.com. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

XXX XXX

Thanks.
    Please see my changes above. To be honest, I think most of it is redundant. A lot of the information you have given in the middle paragraphs would have been on your CV and your application form, and should have been covered in the interview. He should also already have your phone number and email address.
    I would stick with thanking him for his time and saying you look forward to hearing from him. That's really enough.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by MrSho0t View Post
    Also, Moreover, I am a fast learner who is highly motivated and able to work under pressure, Also, and my communication skills make me a perfect candidate for this position.
    It doesn't look/sound good to have two consecutive sentences starting with "also".

MrSho0t is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Please see my changes above. To be honest, I think most of it is redundant. A lot of the information you have given in the middle paragraphs would have been on your CV and your application form, and should have been covered in the interview. He should also already have your phone number and email address.
    I would stick with thanking him for his time and saying you look forward to hearing from him. That's really enough.
    Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the work that you have done. Do you think this one is better?

Dear Mr,

Thank you very much for your time on Sunday for interviewing me for the position of Sales Engineer. It was a pleasure to learn more about the position and the company. I am very excited about the opportunity to join xxx and to be part of your team as my knowledge and skill set align perfectly with this role.

I look forward to hearing from you about the next steps in the hiring process. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any additional information.

Yours sincerely,
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    It doesn't look/sound good to have two consecutive sentences starting with "also".
    You are right. Thank you for your comment
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 15-Apr-2018 at 17:46. Reason: Removed inappropriate quote box

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Add a comma after "Sunday", remove "for" before "interviewing" and it looks good to me.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

- Don't forget the surname of that person. "Dear Mr Johnson".
    - Write "Thank you very much for interviewing me on Sunday for the position of Sales Engineer".
    - You can write "skillset" as one word. That works better in the above.