Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Boarding state

I assisted my mentor by being in the FWD cabin, greeting and assisting for passengers
TIPs, we will assist to stow baggage only the elderly, UM, MAAS and mother with infant because it’s very important to take care our back.
While boarding passengers, I got 3 passengers who asked me to hang their clothes BUT I forgot to ask them for boarding passes so what I did was I put my post it pad wrote down their seat number and put it inside the clothes' pocket. I did this because it would help me remember which clothe is belongs to whom. This way, after taking off, I could ask the passengers later for their boarding passes. At this point in time, passengers were on the cabin way while all of the crew members were busy with their work, so I decided to assist them to my best effort. \

Preparing cabin for take off
Before preparing the cabin, my mentor and I distributed and collected hot towels to all passengers. Then, we started giving out menu cards and children amenity kits.
My mentor and I walked along the cabin to check the loose items on the cabin’s floor and made sure of all of the seats, foot rests, tray tables were in upright position and also window shades have to be raised. Luckily my friend and I had an opportunity to sit on the jump seat in the cockpit to observe the taking off state.

After take off;

We started our service by handing out orange juice. My mentor was responsible for PEY sector while my task was on YCL sector by holding on to orange juice’s tray and served to passengers. The tray was a bit heavy but I managed it.

Special meal service time, we have to check on the special meal list in OSL at CMT, so we could make sure of the number of passengers who requested for SPML. So we have to check with the passengers again at their seat in order to make sure that they did not exchange their seat with someone else.

TIPs: we can ask passengers who requested for SPML about their beverage preference, so we can prepare for them on their tray. To avoid that we might forget to ask them when we are serving meal to normal passengers.
Then FWD crews (my mentor and I) went to AFT galley to take special meal for passengers who seated at FWD galley and served to them( please make sure again by reconfirm the meal type and passenger’s name)

After we had finished serving orange juice and the special meal service, galley crew would start preparing meal (Breakfast)for us. In the meal cart, we had 3 choices of main courses and 2 choices of bread rolls due to we have to serve PEY passengers as well. My mentor and I handed on the meal cart in the port side and I realized that it took longer for me to serve the passengers compared to starboard side meal service.

Once we finished serving breakfast, we put the cart back to the galley and assisted galley crew to refill coffee / tea and drinks for the second round service. This time, we have to collect the trays for whose who already finished their meal and served them second round of drink. I didn’t find that it was difficult in this process because the demand of passengers wasn’t high.

My mentor and I did the collection again after a while by hand and we got some ad hoc drink orders.

While passengers were resting, I have checked 2 toilets in my respective area, stock up toiletries inside and made it dry then reported to CL.

TIPs, making sure to report to the CL what you have done.

For the next 45-50 mins, my mentor and I had to process the drinks cart service and I got some drink orders such as coke with ice, soda water, pine apple juice with 7 up, etc. After finished drinks cart service, I collected the empty plastic cups and rubbish by hand ( using black melamine tray and plastic carrier bag).

Prepare for landing
I assisted my mentor to check cabin again by holding SS tray and collected any loose items and report to CL. At this point in time, my mentor was doing bar’s closing by writing in AO and BRC. I also made sure to change my shoes to the safety shoes prior to landing.

My friend and I went to sit on the jump seat for landing. So we didn’t observe the duties while landing state.

After landing
We helped other crews to keep PEY’s headsets and checked cabin again for any left items behind passengers. Luckily we have no items left behind.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There are plenty of errors in your piece but the first thing I have to say is that people on this forum are not familiar with the terminology used so please use the full phrases for:

TIPs
UM
MAAS
PEY
YCL
OSL
CMT
SPML
CL
SS
AO
BRC

Note that the word "state" doesn't fit anywhere you've used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.