Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I translated something about custom. I'm not sure if it's grammatically correct.

"Custom, a kind of cultural tradition and code of conduct established in the long run of social life,is the product of mass social perceptions and social psychology. Some uniformity in the way of people’s behavior caused by certain mass social perceptions and social psychology, through a long period of historical development and accumulation,evolved to a behavior cultural mode with quite stable structure,which is so-called custom. Once the custom came into being, it becomes social norms restricting and dominating people’s behavioral pattern greatly. However, as a cultural tradition and code of conduct,custom is not constant. It will change to different degrees after a long historical developing process. Sometimes, a new custom will replace a traditional one. Sometimes, although the traditional custom still exists, its psychological base and intrinsic nature are totally different from the previous one."

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

I translated something about what a custom is. I'm not sure if it's grammatically correct.

A custom, a kind of cultural tradition and code of conduct established over time, [Strike]in the long run of social life,[/Strike] is the product of mass social perceptions and social psychology. Some uniformity in [Strike]the way of[/Strike] people’s behavior caused by certain mass social perceptions and social psychology, through a long period of historical development and accumulation, evolved to a behavior cultural mode with quite a stable structure, [Strike]which[/Strike] is a so-called custom. Once the custom [Strike]came[/Strike] comes into being, it becomes part of the social norms restricting and dominating people’s behavioral patterns greatly. However, as a cultural tradition and code of conduct, a custom is not constant. It will change, evolve and even morph into other forms over time. [Strike]to different degrees after a long historical developing process.[/Strike] Sometimes, a new custom will replace a traditional one. Sometimes, although the traditional custom still exists, its psychological base and intrinsic nature are totally different from its predecessor. [Strike]the previous ones."[/Strike]

Status
Not open for further replies.