Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Hi,

I just applied for CELTA course and I had a few questions.

I completed a general application form and a language awareness task. I have read about some people completing a 'pre-interview' task. Are the language awareness task and pre interview task the same thing or is it different?

Do you have any advice of acing the interview? I have one year experience in teaching History. I have heard of people with 8+ years of English teaching experience get rejected so I am feeling a bit worried. It would be great if you could some questions you were asked during the interview.

I am mentally prepared for rejection but I want to make sure that if that does happen, I will be more prepared for the second application. So, please suggest ways to prepare for it. Currently my IELTS score is 8 out of 9.

Thanks in advance

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'm guessing that the pre-interview task will most likely just be on language awareness, yes.

With your experience, and as long as your awareness is not terrible, you should probably be fine. It's not very common for CELTA courses to refuse candidates, in my experience. Good luck!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi.

I have just applied for a CELTA course and I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] have a few questions.

I completed a general application form and a language awareness task. I have read about some people completing a 'pre-interview' task. Are the language awareness task and pre-interview task the same thing or [STRIKE]is it[/STRIKE] are they different?

Do you have any advice [STRIKE]of acing[/STRIKE] on how to ace the interview? I have one year's experience [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] teaching History. I have heard of people with 8+ years of English teaching experience [STRIKE]get[/STRIKE] being rejected so I am feeling a bit worried. It would be great if you could tell me some questions you were asked during the interview.

I am mentally prepared for rejection but I want to make sure that if that does happen, I will be more prepared for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a/my second application. So, please suggest ways to prepare for it. Currently my IELTS score is 8 out of 9.

Thanks in advance.

Note my corrections above. Good luck with your interview.

mew2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Hi everyone,
I made it :).
The course starts next week. I am a bit nervous and I hope I can pass. :oops:

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Well done.

As Piscean says, you will probably find it stressful—especially if you're doing it intensively. Remember we're here to help if you need any advice. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.