Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Could anyone check my essay, please? I will be grateful :)

Nowadays, more and more people are becoming interested in computer games. Not only do they play games on games consoles, but also on their mobile devices. Playing games has got many advantages and a lot of disadvantages as well.

Firstly, the children who play computer games can learn a lot while playing. For instance, they can learn many useful things, which they can use in their life, like games in which they learn taking care of young children or mathematical activities. Moreover, some games can help you improve your problem-solving skills. For example, some of the computer and board games require you to think of solutions to problems. Those games also teach us logical thinking. Besides, playing computer games can be a great social activity. When we play online we can meet a lot of people with whom we can meet in real life.
On the other hand, computer games often contain a lot of violence. The young people, who play such games can be aggressive and think that such behaviour is acceptable in their life. In fact people spend a lot of time playing games and they can become anti-social. That kind of people don't have friends in real life, what can reflect their mental health. In addition, many young people become addicted to computer games, consequently they play too much and stop leading real lives.

All in all, it's difficult to say whether pros or cons prevail. Computer games can be great fun provided that we do it in a responsible way. It’s important not to lose contact with the real world and not to get addicted.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Computer games

Perhaps:

There are good points and bad points to playing computer games.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Computer games

I like Words with Friends. Also, sudoku is a good mental exercise.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Nowadays, more and more people are becoming interested in computer games. Not only do they play games on [Strike]games[/Strike] various types of consoles, but also on their mobile devices. Playing games has got many advantages and a lot of disadvantages as well.

Firstly, [Strike]the[/Strike] children who play computer games can learn a lot [Strike]while[/Strike] from playing such games. For instance, they can learn many useful things, which they can use in their life, like [Strike]games in which they learn[/Strike] how to take [Strike]ing[/Strike] care of young children or mathematical activities. Moreover, some games can help you improve your problem-solving skills. For example, some [Strike]of the[/Strike] computer [Strike]and board [/Strike] [That's off topic.] games require you to think of solutions to problems. Those games also teach us logical thinking. Besides, playing computer games can be a great social activity. When we play online, we can [Strike]meet[/Strike] get to know a lot of people [Strike]with[/Strike] whom we can subsequently meet in real life.

On the other hand, computer games often contain a lot of violence. [Strike]The[/Strike] Young people who play such games can become aggressive and think that such behaviour is acceptable in their life. In fact, people who spend a lot of time playing games [Strike]and they[/Strike] can become anti-social. [Strike]That kind of[/Strike] Many such people don't have friends in real life, [Strike]what[/Strike] and that can [Strike]reflect[/Strike] negatively affect their mental health. In addition, many young people become addicted to computer games [Strike], consequently they play too much[/Strike] and stop leading normal real lives.

All in all, it's difficult to say whether computer games have more pros [Strike]or[/Strike] than cons. [Strike]prevail.[/Strike] Computer games can be great fun, provided that [Strike]we do it[/Strike] they are played in a responsible way. It’s important not to lose contact with the real world and not to get addicted to them.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Computer games

I have heard the "computer games make you antisocial" argument. I don't buy it. In fact, I think the opposite is true. Many people (me included) interact with people they otherwise would not because of computer games.

My second point has to do with the title of your thread. "Essay"? Clearly, you can do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.