• Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Can you correct my motivation letter, please? It's for an english course

Dear Sir / Madame,
    I am sending this motivation letter to you because I want to join the english course which will take place in the institute: Scuola Superiore per Mediatori Linguistici, located in Pisa, from the date of June 25th 2018 to the date of June 29th 2018.
    My name is Miriam ****, I am seventeen years old and I live in ****.
    I currently go to Liceo scientifico statale ****.
    I would really like to attend this course because I like english language and I want to improve my expression and comprehension skills, which are useful if you want to study, live or work in a foreign country.
    I am interested in learning new languages because it is a way of discovering new cultures and of talking with new people and because you can make people from different places understand each other.
    I do not usually have the opportunity to speak with native english speakers so I appreciated the time when we studied science in english with an american girl from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) who has come to my school for a teaching internship a couple of months ago and I would appreciate this course if you allowed me to join it.
    I also did some volunteer work at ****, a reception centre for immigrants, asylum seekers and refugees, where I helped people who did not speak italian translating.
    Moreover, I would like to experience this school to see what is like to study here, in case I wanted to attend this kind of school after the liceo.
    Yours sincerely,
    Miriam ****.

2. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Re: Can you correct my motivation letter, please? It's for an english course

Miriamm

Welcome to the forum.

Please note that English/Italian/American start with a capital letter.

Please rearrange your text into paragraphs with clear spaces in between. Your writing each sentence in a separate line is unconventional and looks disorganized and untidy.

It is Dear Sir/Madam, without spaces next to the slash.

I always recommend using a title for an official letter to give the reader an idea of the purpose of the letter and for sorting out letters too.

We will have a look at the letter after you have fixed the above items.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.