[Essay] TV reality and game shows are providing more and more opportunities for ordinary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarcy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
...people to become famous. Would you participate in such a show? Why or why not? Explain your choice.

Many people would agree to become a part of a TV reality or TV game in order to gain popularity in a short period of time. However, I would not participate in such programs for a few reasons.

First of all, participants in reality shows are searching glory, money and want to become famous, but instead they become infamous. Such entertainment productions show people’s weaknesses and flaws intentionally to attract the audience. To exemplify, in many reality shows participants are in room or even house full of alcohol. Understandably, some of them get drunk, show their worst identity characteristics. Such behavior makes them commented, well known to the outside world but also ruin their image. Another example to be given is that people staring in reality programs tend to share way too much personal information, secrets and even shameful moments of their past. Producers put the accent on these moments in search for high rating and embarrass participants. For these reasons, I would not agree to become a part of a reality.

Secondly, TV games and reality programs are too commercial and misleading. What is more, in most cases, humans’ feelings do not have any value, which affects participants’ emotionality negatively. Being a part of reality or TV game is very demanding. A person invests money and time but is very rare for participants to win the big price, for instance. For example, the TV show ‘Who Wants to Become a Billionaire’ was often blamed for manipulating contestants, misleading people and playing with their hopes for fast popularity. That is why, I would not take a part in such TV productions as realities and TV games.

All in all, the strong desire for fame and money makes people prone to become a part of a reality or TV show. Although some people consider this way the best to gain popularity, I would not participate in a TV game or reality because they are too commercial; they mislead people and trade with their feelings and reputation.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think people volunteer for those sorts of things.

EDarcy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
The question is would I or would not participate in such a show. My arguments are based on what volunteers experience and how reality shows and TV games affect their reputation and emotional stability.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's reality show or game show. I get it that you wouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.