Countries are becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy the same products anywhere in the world. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
It is true that the globalization has made the world a global village and the countries are lot more similar than ever before. These days, people can have the same items from any part of the world. This trend, in my opinion, has both negative and positives aspects due to various reasons.
First, one problem that comes with this development is that countries might lose part of their culture. For example, today many teenagers in my country prefer listening to international bands instead of local musicians. As the music is a way of conveying some elements of the local culture, by listening only to international music, the teenagers lose contact with their own culture. This means that they will not be able to pass their culture on to the next generations. As a result, the culture will disappear. This is a negative aspect, since the existence of different cultures is what makes the world so interesting.
However, the fact that we are able to buy the same products is a very positive aspect of globalization. For instance, before it happens, people from South America found it difficult to buy a high quality computer. This convenient accessibility is even more important when we discuss access to some medication. Today, some countries have improved their population's life expectancy because their citizens had access to certain drugs.
In conclusion, although there are pros and cons related to this development, I think that the positive aspects outweigh the negative ones, since it might make a great improvement to people's lives.