Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Please check my ielts essay task 2 and rate the possible score you can assess

In a number of countries, some people think it is necessary to spend large sums of money on constructing new railway lines for very fast trains between cities. Others believe the money should be spent on improving existing public transport.
    Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
    Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

People, in some countries, prefer to have intercity fast-train networks while others think that renovating current public transport infrastructure is far more important and that is why more budget should be spent on it. In my opinion, both of these ideas are right and should be considered as equally as important by government.

On the one hand, people in favour of having supersonic railway lines mainly (base their ground on the fact) argue that trains can carry a great number of passengers and goods at a time and can remarkably reduce the traffic congestion. Rail communication is safer, faster and can connect cities and towns that build a better (communication system) transportation service than the conventional road transport system, according to these people. Furthermore, supersonic trains are meant to speed up the human momentum resulting in more efficiency. This increased efficiency translates into more time that can be spent with family members which is proven to be beneficial for mental health. Next, they cut down pollution by consuming less fuel. Due to such advantages, people often opine that more money should be allocated for constructing new train lines.

On the other hand, public transport system plays an essential role for interconnecting the different parts of the cities and the highest percentage of people use this system to travel to different places. Though trains can improve the city transport facilities, it is not an alternative to the existing road transports. That is why many people believe that national budget should be utilised on developing the public transport for the sake of the better (communication) travelling for mass people.
    To conclude, I personally believe that, the (national budget) substantial public funds should be fairly distributed both for the improvement of the rail and public transports for the overall expansion and development of the transportation system. (303 words)

(The highlights and underlined words in the parenthesis are the ones that I was not sure about them and doubted whether they are wrong? I think the bold italic words next to them are better alternatives. please help me to know my problems, thanks a lot.)
    Last edited by sudabeh; 11-Jun-2018 at 09:33. Reason: not being shown