Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
there are idioms related to and relevant to working and papers. on of them is push paper another one is a paper chase. in the following sentences, I will give you examples and meaning of them.
push paper

Example 1?What do you do for a livingNothing, I just sit on my bottom and spend all day, pushing paper, and using my God-given right to shoot the breeze.Shoot the breeze: have a conversation.When Sina and I get together we start shooting the breeze for over 5 hours

A PAPER CHASE

After a tiring paper chase at the university finally the dean signed my certificate and I got it.Dean: the head of a university
source: delinglish.com

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There are idioms related to and relevant to working and papers. One of them is "push paper". Another one is "a paper chase". In the following sentences, I will give you examples and the meanings of them.

Push paper

Example 1.

What do you do for a living? Nothing, I just sit on my bottom and spend all day (no comma here) pushing paper, and using my God-given right to shoot the breeze.

S
hoot the breeze: have a conversation.

When Sina and I get together, we [STRIKE]start[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]shooting[/STRIKE] shoot the breeze for over 5 hours.

A paper chase

After a tiring paper chase at the university, [STRIKE]finally[/STRIKE] the dean finally signed my certificate and I got it.

Dean: the head of a university
Source: delinglish.com

Note my corrections above. You need to work on your layout, capitalisation and punctuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.