Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I know that a such expression: "the editor text" is most used than "the editor's text" (intending to mean: the editor's own text), but which of these two forms is the most correct and which would I be right to use?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
You'd need to give us a full sentence, and explain what you mean. Do you mean the text that a human editor wrote, or the text that a software editor produced?

I'd also wonder why you think you know that 'the expression: "the editor text" is [STRIKE]most [/STRIKE]more often used than "the editor's text"'

Paolo18

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
You'd need to give us a full sentence, and explain what you mean. Do you mean the text that a human editor wrote, or the text that a software editor produced?
Yes, in this case I refer to a software editor window, the text contained in this window.

I'd also wonder why you think you know that 'the expression: "the editor text" is [STRIKE]most [/STRIKE]more often used than "the editor's text"'
I noticed that it is very used by programmers (but I think most programmers are not English, so I do not trust them), also, the first form has more statistics from google :) (but this is misleading).

Just now I've seen that "edit control's text" is used by authoritative internet pages, the MSDN, that is the reference literature from microsoft.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The edit control's text is the text which is bound to the edit control. This is natural in a programming context.

Status
Not open for further replies.