Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Hello, Ι have written this email and plan to send it to various universities across europe, hoping that one of them accepts my (very) late request for admission this fall (2018). Most application deadlines have long passed, and I know that Ι have minuscule probability of actually being accepted, but Ι need to try just in case. Here's the e-mail:

Dear Sir or Madam(do I need to substitute the name of the person responsible for handling applications of each university?),

This is to express my desire to enroll for a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics at your university. Knowing that (university name) is ranked as one of the world’s top universities regarding pure Mathematics, and that the course includes branches of mathematics that I have a passionate interest in, such as number theory and numerical analysis, I believe that (university) offers the best situation for me to realise my potential as a mathematician.
This belief of mine is further strengthened by the great tradition of mathematicians that have been members of your university, such as (names of mathematicians). On the other hand, I also consider myself a perfect candidate for a place in (university name), because of my passion for mathematics, my variety of other interests, including human rights, protection of the environment, philosophy, science and sports, and my desire to improve myself every day as well as making the world we live a better place.

However, certain unexpected developments have prevented me from applying for a 2018 entry in the Mathematics Bachelor course in time. Therefore, I would like to inquire whether I can still apply for a 2018 entry and the exact qualifications required. I should mention that I am a Greek citizen with an advanced knowledge of English, an Apolytirion with a grade of (grade) and a score of (score) in the Pan Hellenic Exams of 2012.

Thank you in advance for your attention to my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Sincerely,
[removed personal details - mod]

Is there anything wrong with the language or the format? Thanks in advance for all inputs!

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Before we continue, please edit your post and ensure that the word "I" is capitalised every time it appears. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.