Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please correct my letter.A forwarding letter to pension office.
Dear Sir/Madam,
Subject:Non payment of pension/Tamilmani
The above named family pensioner is claiming that she has not received her pension for the past three months from may 2018 to July 18. Therefore we are forwarding the request letter and other details submitted by the pensioner for your perusal and to make necessary action at your end at the earliest.Kindly do the needful and please update the status.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please correct my letter. It's a forwarding letter to a pension office.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Non-payment of pension/Tamilmani

The above-named family pensioner is claiming that she has not received her pension for the past three months from May 2018 to July 18. Therefore we are forwarding the request letter and other details submitted by the pensioner for your perusal [STRIKE]and to make[/STRIKE] so that you can take the necessary action at your end [STRIKE]at the earliest[/STRIKE] as soon as possible.

[STRIKE]K[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]indly do the needful[/STRIKE] Please take the necessary steps and please update the status.

See above for my corrections and changes in red. I don't know what you mean by the parts I have underlined:
1) What is a "family pensioner"?
2) What do you mean by "update the status"? Are you asking them to update you when the necessary steps have been taken?

Note that we do not use "Kindly do the needful" at all in any variant except Indian English.

You must put a space after every full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.