Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is the letter below grammatically?

I spoke to my friends and decided to use of Expat center for getting a visa, finally.
I wish my money would be enough for staying in London.
Would you mind introducing me to this center?
Best Wishes,
M.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is the letter below grammatically correct?

I spoke to my friends and decided to use [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] "Expat Center" [STRIKE]for getting[/STRIKE] to help me get a visa. [STRIKE]finally.[/STRIKE]
I [STRIKE]wish my[/STRIKE] hope I have enough money [STRIKE]would be enough[/STRIKE] for [STRIKE]staying[/STRIKE] my stay in London.
Would you mind introducing me to this center? The underlined part doesn't make sense. You can't be introduced to a center.

Best wishes,

M.

Please see my corrections and comments above. Who are you writing this letter to? I assumed that "Expat Center" is the name of an establishment that helps people to get a visa. Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:

MK22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I wrote this letter for the university secretary who arranges the administrative process for foreign students.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I wrote this letter [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to the university secretary who arranges the administrative process for foreign students.

In that case, I don't think you need to tell her that you came to your decision after speaking to your friends. I'm also not sure why you need to tell her that you hope you have enough money. The people who decide on your visa application will determine whether you have enough money or not. I would make the letter much simpler.

Dear Ms/Ms/Mrs + secretary's surname

I have decided to use the services of Expat Center to help with my visa application. I understand that you are in charge of/involved in the administration of the application process. I would be grateful if you would let me know what the next step is.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[Your name]

Status
Not open for further replies.