• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Post Letter 2

Is the letter below grammatically?

I spoke to my friends and decided to use of Expat center for getting a visa, finally.
    I wish my money would be enough for staying in London.
    Would you mind introducing me to this center?
    Best Wishes,
    M.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Letter 2

Quote Originally Posted by MK22 View Post
    Is the letter below grammatically correct?

I spoke to my friends and decided to use of "Expat Center" for getting to help me get a visa. finally.
    I wish my hope I have enough money would be enough for staying my stay in London.
    Would you mind introducing me to this center? The underlined part doesn't make sense. You can't be introduced to a center.

Best wishes,

M.
    Please see my corrections and comments above. Who are you writing this letter to? I assumed that "Expat Center" is the name of an establishment that helps people to get a visa. Am I right?
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 12-Jul-2018 at 22:38. Reason: making a further correction in the quote
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. Junior Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

I wrote this letter for the university secretary who arranges the administrative process for foreign students.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by MK22 View Post
    I wrote this letter for to the university secretary who arranges the administrative process for foreign students.
    In that case, I don't think you need to tell her that you came to your decision after speaking to your friends. I'm also not sure why you need to tell her that you hope you have enough money. The people who decide on your visa application will determine whether you have enough money or not. I would make the letter much simpler.

Dear Ms/Ms/Mrs + secretary's surname

I have decided to use the services of Expat Center to help with my visa application. I understand that you are in charge of/involved in the administration of the application process. I would be grateful if you would let me know what the next step is.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[Your name]
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.