Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
I've tried to use the word "pack" in my sentences. Would you please correct my mistakes?

1. After an argument with Bill, Joan packed her bags.
2. As a teenager, Stephen worked a few months in a factory, packing raspberries in boxes.
3. Hundreds of demonstrators were arrested, packed into busses and driven to an unknown location.
4. Bob used to sell second-hand cars, but packed the job in because the work kept him busy all the time and he was often away from his family.
5. As soon as little Maria saw a doll in a shop window, she started pestering her mother to buy it, but her mother told her to pack it in. She already had too much dolls in her room.
6. During his school holidays, Mark was usually packed off to his grandparents for a few weeks. Later, he would remember those times as the happiest in his life.
7. The engine packed in on the desolate, snowbound road, making David panic. The temperature was rapidly falling down, and if he stayed in a car for a few hours, he would surely froze to death.
8. Brian was impatient to pack up and go to a happy hour with his colleagues.
9. Anna often became stressful when she packed up for her holiday. Anxiety grew in the back of her mind he would forget an important item and remember it when it was too late.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've tried to use the word "pack" in my sentences. Would you please correct my mistakes?

1. After an argument with Bill, Joan packed her bags.
2. As a teenager, Stephen worked a few months in a factory, packing raspberries in boxes. I'd probably say "...worked in a factory for a few months". Also, you don't really need "in boxes".
3. Hundreds of demonstrators were arrested, packed into [STRIKE]busses[/STRIKE] buses and driven to an unknown location.
4. Bob used to sell second-hand cars, but packed the job in because the work kept him busy all the time and he was often away from his family.
5. As soon as little Maria saw a doll in a shop window, she started pestering her mother to buy it, but her mother told her to pack it in. She already had too [STRIKE]much[/STRIKE] many dolls in her room.
6. During his school holidays, Mark was usually packed off to his grandparents for a few weeks. Later, he would remember those times as the happiest in his life.
7. The engine packed in on the desolate, snowbound road, making David panic. The temperature was rapidly falling [STRIKE]down,[/STRIKE] and if he stayed in [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the car for a few hours, he would surely [STRIKE]froze[/STRIKE] freeze to death.
8. Brian was impatient to pack up and go to [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] (no article) happy hour with his colleagues.
9. Anna often became [STRIKE]stressful[/STRIKE] stressed when she packed [STRIKE]up[/STRIKE] for her holiday. Anxiety [STRIKE]grew[/STRIKE] would grow in the back of her mind that she would forget an important item and remember it when it was too late.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.