Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is the letter below grammatically correct?

Dear Dr. j...,

Alpha Center contacted to me and I sent for them some documents, but for accommodation in Londen having a problem, my friends suggested to me that submit my request on Facebook groups for finding a suitable room and I have done it some days ago. However, I cannot find any room, yet. On the other hand, I should write my accommodation address in London for the Alpha Center’s forms.

Would you mind helping me with finding a room?

Best wishes,
M...

Last edited:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If the organization's name is Alpha Center, you have to capitalize it each time. If it's a British organization I would expect it to be Alpha Centre.

MK22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
OK, I did it. Alpha Center is an imaginary non-UK center.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
OK, I did it. Alpha Center is an imaginary non-UK center.

You have to capitalize all the main words of a proper noun.

MK22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is it ok, now?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Alpha Center contacted [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE]me and I sent[STRIKE] for[/STRIKE] them some documents, but for accommodation in London having a problem, my friends suggested to me that submit my request on Facebook groups for finding a suitable room and I have done it some days ago.

The sentence is too long and muddled-up. It is too much for the first sentence of a letter. It is like you expect a reader to have some prior knowledge of what you are talking about.
What is the purpose of your letter? What did Alpha Centre contact you for? What documents did you send them? What do you mean by "accomodation n London having a problem". It is like expecting the reader to read your mind.

MK22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Housing

Dear Dr. j...,

Alpha Center contacted me and I sent them some documents, but for accommodation in London having a problem, my friends suggested to me that submit my request on Facebook groups for finding a suitable room and I have done it some days ago. However, I cannot find any room, yet. On the other hand, I should write my accommodation address in London for the Alpha Center’s forms.

Would you mind helping me with finding a room?

Best wishes,
M...

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Housing

Dear Dr. Jxxxx,

The Alpha Center recently contacted me and I sent them some documents as requested.

[STRIKE]On the other hand,[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] have to write my [STRIKE]accommodation[/STRIKE] address in London [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] on the Alpha Center’s forms. [STRIKE]but for[/STRIKE] However, I am having a problem finding accommodation in London. [STRIKE]having a problem,[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]my friends suggested to me that submit my request on Facebook groups for finding a suitable room and I have done it some days ago. However, I cannot find any room, yet.[/STRIKE] I have been looking for accommodation on Facebook but without success.

Would you [STRIKE]mind helping[/STRIKE] be able to help me [STRIKE]with finding[/STRIKE] find a room?

[STRIKE]Best wishes,[/STRIKE] I look forward to hearing from you.
M...

See my corrections above.

On a practical note, don't look for accommodation on Facebook. It's full of scams! You should look on reputable accommodation agency websites.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Housing

I have merged your two threads. Please don't post the same thread in two different sections of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.