Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Would you please correct my mistakes? I wrote this text just as an exercise

Wearing a white towel as a turban and white bathrobe, Maria sat on the edge of the bed, painting her toes. When George came in she said without looking up, "Why didn't you answer when I called you yesterday evening?"
"My battery was low. My phone was switched off." He was standing in the middle of the room, staring at her, hands on his hips.
"Really? Are you sure?" She was glaring at him.
"What do you mean? Am I lying?"
"Lea saw you sitting with a dark-haired woman in a restaurant."
"She is my boss, Diana?"
"Since when do you go out with your boss?"
"Since yesterday evening. She asked me to go out with her."
"Lea said you held her hands with both yours. Do you hold hands with all your bosses?"
"What's matter with you Maria? Diana is going through the worst period of her life. Her husband has found a younger woman and now wants divorce. Can you imagine how a woman feels in such a situation?"
"Lea said you looked like lovers."
"Listen. I didn't see your friend yesterday in a restaurant. I don't know what she saw or didn't see. I told you what was all about."
"I don't like your tone. I don't like that you are in a restaurant with another woman and hide that from me."
"I don't like many things in life, but I've learnt to live with it. If you want to move away, the doors are open. Maybe Lea will have a spare bed for you."

George started to laugh, one of his derisive laughs which always made her boil inside. She calmly closed the lid of the nail polish and hurled it at the dressing table mirror. The bottle made a small crack in the glass before bouncing off to the floor. In a split second, George was holding his flashy hand over her, his grey eyes mad with fury.
"Come on!" she shouted. "Hit me once. You know that tomorrow you're a dead man."

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please note corrections/suggestions.

Would you please correct my mistakes? I wrote this text just as an exercise

Wearing a white towel as a turban and white bathrobe, Maria sat on the edge of the bed, painting her toenails. When George came in she said without looking up, "Why didn't you answer when I called you yesterday evening?"
"My battery was low. My phone was switched off." He was standing in the middle of the room, staring at her, hands on his hips.
"Really? Are you sure?" She was glaring at him.
"What do you mean? Do you think I'm lying?"
"Lea saw you sitting with a dark-haired woman in a restaurant."
"She is my boss, Diana"
"Since when do you go out with your boss?"
"Since yesterday evening. She asked me to go out with her."
"Lea said you held her hands with both yours. Do you hold hands with all your bosses?"
"What's matter with you Maria? Diana is going through the worst period of her life. Her husband has found a younger woman and now wants a divorce. Can you imagine how a woman feels in such a situation?"
"Lea said you looked like lovers."
"Listen. I didn't see your friend yesterday. I don't know what she saw or didn't see. I told you what it was all about."
"I don't like your tone. I don't like that you were in a restaurant with another woman and that you hid that from me."
"I don't like many things in life, but I've learnt to live with it. If you want to move away, the doors are open. Maybe Lea will have a spare bed for you."

George started to laugh, one of his derisive laughs which always made her boil inside. She calmly closed the lid of the nail polish and hurled it at the dressing table mirror. The bottle made a small crack in the glass before bouncing off to the floor. In a split second, George was holding his fleshy hand over her, his grey eyes mad with fury.
"Come on!" she shouted. "Hit me once. You know that tomorrow you're a dead man."

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.