Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Would you please correct the mistakes in the first part of my text. I wrote it in the form of a funny news article.

A 75-year old, Sarah S couldn’t imagine that her life was going to be changed forever when she one Sunday morning stepped into her garden. An early bird, she often goes into her garden to enjoy the birds singing and the scents of her numerous plants just before dawn.

“I woke up around five,” she told our reporter, “and, after putting on my bathrobe, I walked outside. I strolled around my garden as is my habit, and lo and behold, under my roses I saw a man lying motionless on the ground.” Sarah, who is an avid reader of crime novels and watches frequently crime series thought someone was murdered. “I’m a trained nurse, and my first reaction was to check his pulse. A wave of relief swept over me when I felt his heartbeat. He was dressed in a dinner dress, which was covered in dew. I took his face in my hands, turned it towards me and almost screamed with excitement and incredulity when I recognized the TV star Nick Evans, my favourite actor, starring in the series “Jackal 2”. He plays a young police inspector fighting not only criminals, but also his corrupt older colleagues.” His long eyelashes she was yearning for whenever she saw him on TV were now just a few centimetres from her and she had to restrain herself from smothering him with kisses. “Nick, are you OK?” Sarah asked. He opened his left eye for a moment and let out a breath smelling of alcohol. She went back to her house, fetched some blankets and a pillow and tucked him up. She didn’t want to call an ambulance for fear of embarrassing him and causing him more problems.

She brewed herself tea and sat at the window, watching over him like a mother over her child. About eight o’clock Nick got up, his dark hair dishevelled, his dinner dress crumpled, he looked around, dazed and confused. Sarah ran to him, told him she had recognized him and shook his hand. She invited Nick into her home, which he gladly accepted. “I stink like a corpse,” Nick said. “May I borrow your bath?” Of course, Sarah was thrilled to be of assistance to the star. She gave him newly washed towels, scented with lavender and the underwear and a bathrobe which once belonged to her deceased husband. She put his dirty underwear into a washing machine, and hung his dinner dress on the line to dry. Nick came out of the bathroom in a white bathrobe smelling of shampoo, making Sarah’s heart flutter. She had seen him in some scenes half-naked and now she imagined that great body under her husband’s robe, those strong arms and six-pack.

She made him breakfast and watched with delight as Nick was wolfing eggs and sausages. Between mouthfuls, he told her he had been at a party somewhere in the town. He couldn’t remember precisely where because he had become so drunk. At one moment, he went outside for a smoke, but suddenly everything went blank.

Nick asked if he could light his cigarette, and Sarah acquiesced, although nobody had smoked in her home since her husband’s death, about five years ago. She had thrown away all ashtrays and vowed never to allow anyone to smoke in her home, but she couldn’t deny her honoured guest his cigarette. She fetched a saucer and smilingly put it in front of him. As he was contentedly puffing away, he inquired what she thought of “Jackal 2”. “Oh, I love it. I enjoy every second of it, especially your part,” Sara said. “I’ll tell you a secret,” Nick said and paused, giving Sara a long look. Her body shook with a frisson as she was waiting to learn it. “There will be Jackal 3 and probably 4.” Sarah screamed with joy. “And you will play the lead?” “Of course, without me there wouldn’t be the series.” This was the news that almost lifted Sarah off her chair, and she punched the air with her gnarled fist, shouting, “Yes! Yes!”
TO BE CONTINUED

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I suppose Sarah doesn't live in town. In any case, I would say in town and not in the town.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.