Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Borrow vs Lend vs Loan – How to Differentiate Them Successfully?

I teach international students (from Germany, France, and Belgium). I explained to them what is a difference between these words, but they often make a mistake in using. Suggest please, how to explain to them the difference? Your examples

Thanks a lot

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Borrow vs Lend vs Loan – How to Differentiate Between Them Successfully?

I teach international students (from Germany, France, and Belgium). I explained to them [STRIKE]what is a[/STRIKE] the difference between these words (no comma here) but they often make a mistake [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] when using them. Can you suggest [STRIKE]please, how[/STRIKE] a way to explain [STRIKE]to them[/STRIKE] the difference to them? [STRIKE]Your[/STRIKE] I look forward to reading your examples.

Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. Are you certain English is your native language? No offence, but your written English is not indicative of a native speaker.

As Piscean suggested, before we consider coming up with some other ways of explaining it to them, we need to know how you explained it to them in the first place.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Are you a native-speaker, John?

jonathanrace

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I would first give them the definition for each. Next I would give them some example sentences and then finally get them to use these words in sentences themselves to make sure it gets locked into the memory. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.