English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
Hi,

My names Benedict French, I’m nearing the end of my Masters in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) in England and am now working on my end of course dissertation.
The title of which is “What are English Language Teachers’ perceptions about the use of Pen and Paper Role Playing Games in the classroom?”

As the title implies, it focuses on what current teachers’ thoughts are on the use of Pen and paper rpg’s, more prominently dungeons and dragons, in the classroom. Previous research does exist on this topic that I have come across during my studies and, as I am personally interested in implementing such things myself in future classes, I became curious about other, more experienced teachers, opinions on the matters and if it had actually been attempted before. Since academic research into this area seems to have dried up over recent years.

The questionnaire itself focuses on how you as a teacher approach role play activities and games in the classroom and make use of them, or the lack of there use and why.

It would be of great help to me if you take 15-20 minutes out of your busy day to run through my data gathering questionnaire linked below, any response is a big help to me.
More information on the study is available at the beginning of the questionnaire.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Lus3aVkXtX_6gj0lRyQbXhBg/viewform?usp=sf_link

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hi, Benedict.

I have used a self-created RPG activity in class a couple of times. I'm in the process of improving it.

I can't access your link without permission.

NinjaTurtle

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, Benedict.

I also tried to access your document via the link but I was told I don't have permission.

You have asked for feedback regarding role-play activities in my EFL classroom. I don't use them. I teach lower level students in China, and I feel such activities are not that helpful for my students. I do have the students play games, but games that are more focused on specific behavior. If you are interested, I can give you some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.