Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
I've tried to use the word "bear" in my sentence. Would you please correct my mistakes?

1. Bob couldn't bear the thought of selling his house and moving to an old people's home.
2. After eight hours of work at an assembly line, Hannah's legs could hardly bear her.
3. Sentries have been ordered to write down the number of every car bearing diplomatic license plates, which drove by the barracks.
4. Years of hard training finally bore fruit when James won the Olympic gold medal.
5. Ten years after Gina refused to lend Mark some money when he became jobless, he couldn't forget that and bore her a grudge.
6. The town had undergone a makeover after the war, but some buildings still bore bullet marks.
7. Three years after he planted the saplings, Stephen was beaming with pride when they bore their first fruit.
8. Maria was eager to go to the party, but when she saw all those people wearing fancy dresses, she couldn't bear the sight of them and left right away.
9. The man in front of him bore little resemblance to Tom, and Mark wondered what his friend had been through during those years. His face bore scars as if he had fought in numerous battles.
10. Peter went into a restaurant, but came out immediately because he heard children screaming and shouting. He could't bear the sound of children screaming in a restaurant, and hated the parents who let their children behave in this way.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
2. doesn't sound natural to me. I'd suggest support instead of bear. The others are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.