• Post Thanks / Like

Need Some Direction

Hi There

Im a young profeesional interested in teashing english overseas.

I have a degree and some teaching experience.

In university I was granted an Industry Canada Internship where I taught Community and University Level Computing Classes.

I now work in a private sector office job, but I miss teaching and want more adventure in my day to day life.

I have bills so making money and paying debt have to be kept in mind.

What Countries pay the most and provide the most accomodation???

Given the fact I have a degree and teaching experience do you think would I require a course to secure a job???
    And would having taken a course increase my expected Salary versus not taking one???

Any other important info would also be appreciated....Thanks

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Some Direction

Hi Bobby,
    going straight to ur question
    What countries pay the most and provide the most accomodation???
    in general, i can say the Arabian Gulf states pay good, if u want my advise consider Qatar specifically coz alot of english Universities opened here, more than any other state in Arabia, so alot of ppl interested in learning english to continue their education at one of these Univs, i've met many canadian teachers teaching here and they're very happy, some of them from Calgary and others from Vancouver.
    and there are many advantages in living here, 0% tax, good living standard low costs, if u wanna learn more about Qatar this link might help u

In recent years Qatar has placed great emphasis on education. Along with the country’s free healthcare to every citizen, every child has free education from kindergarten through college. The country has a university, the University of Qatar, and a number of higher educational institutions. Additionally, with the support of the Qatar Foundation, major American universities have opened branch campuses in Education City, Qatar. These include Carnegie Mellon University, Georgetown University, Texas A&M University, Virginia Commonwealth University and Cornell University's Weill Medical College. In 2004 Qatar established the Qatar Science & Technology Park at Education City to link those universities with industry.

In November of 2002 the Emir Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani created the Supreme Education Council. The Council directs and controls education for all ages from the pre-school level through the university level, including the "Education for a New Era" reform initiative.

The Emir's second wife, Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned, has been instrumental in new education initiatives in Qatar. She chairs the Qatar Foundation and is on the board of Qatar's Supreme Education Council
    best of luck
    Last edited by Meshaal; 30-Aug-2006 at 08:32.