5 sentences for the essay (TOEFL). Please correct :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pskffm

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Germany
Hello everybody,

I would greatly appreciate if someone, who is fluent in English, would correct following sentences:

1. One can eliminate three core ideas mentioned in the speech which are going to be depicted below. (and then I start mentioning the ideas and explaining them)
2. There is a clear collision between the two narrators. (the speaker and the author of a text have distinguishing opinions on a topic)
2. To sum up, the authors opinion distinguish exceedingly from the point of view stated in the reading passage. (I am unsure how to write "authors" correctly... authors or author's?)
4. The lecturer conveys his point of view on the question whether ....
5. Due to the fact that we are living in a heyday of globalisation, one will not make someone wonder posting the photos of the jaw-dropping sceneries of Austrian Alpes and a weak later of Shanghai skyscrapers.

Thank you all in advance. I am preparing for an essay, consequently I have doubts concerning my grammar and vocabulary. I wish my English sounded naturally .

Pal

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello everybody,
Hello, and welcome to the forum. :)

1. One can eliminate three core ideas mentioned in the speech which are going to be depicted below.

That sentence is unclear. The first part talks about any (not particular) three core ideas, but the second part seems to be talking about specific ones. Try rephrasing the sentence.

2. There is a clear collision between the two narrators. (the speaker and the author of a text have [STRIKE]distinguishing[/STRIKE]
distinct opinions on the topic)

3. To sum up, the authors opinion [STRIKE]distinguish exceedingly[/STRIKE] differs greatly from the point of view stated in the reading passage. (I am unsure how to write "authors" correctly... authors or author's?)

If you're talking about one author, use author's. If you're talking about more than one author, use authors'.

4. The lecturer conveys his point of view on the question whether ....

That's incomplete. Can you write out the full sentence?

5. Due to the fact that we are living in a heyday of globalisation, one will not make someone wonder posting the photos of the jaw-dropping sceneries of Austrian Alpes and a weak later of Shanghai skyscrapers.
I have no idea what this sentence is trying to say, so I haven't bothered to correct the mistakes in it. Can you rephrase it in a clear and simple manner?

Thank you all in advance. I am preparing for an essay, [STRIKE]consequently I have doubts concerning[/STRIKE] but I'm not sure about my grammar and vocabulary. I wish my English can sound [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] natural. [STRIKE]ly . [/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.