• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Sex

Sex is a delicate subject which teenagers are very interested in. It is also an essay that I was assigned to report before the class in next week. Well ! It's difficult to write down something about this. I'm so shy . Anyway, please help me correct this essay. Thank you very much

-------------------------

Whoever reaches the age of the puberty also cares about the problem of sex. This is easy to understand because it is a physiological phenomenon of human when people has strongly physical changes at that age. But the important thing is that they need to be learned the lessons of reproductive health, which are very useful for them afterward, which help them understand how the concept of safe sex is .

Currently, the number of pre-marriage pregnants is alarmingly increasing in Vietnam because of lack of sexual knowlegdes. Besides, girls today are so compiant and soft-hearted that their boys ask them for sex, then they can offer immediately .

Also, the ones who are in love with each other, said that if you haven't had sex, how can you know if you are sexually compatible with your betrothed? it is similar to the following : You want to test drive a car before you buy - if it is suitable to you, then you will decide to take it. If that logic were true, then you'd think that the sexual revolution and the growing levels of pre-marital sex would correlate to lower rates of divorce since now everyone knows what they are getting into . Strangely, Richmond, VA (CSTV U-WIRE) find just the opposite :

If "try before you buy" applies to sex, then certainly you'd do even better to really take the relationship out for a spin and cohabit before you get married. And just in case you think that is because virgins don't know where else to turn when the marriage doesn't turn out to be everything they hoped for - sexual satisfaction is also higher among married couples who abstain before marriage than it is among married couples that cohabit first.

If after you guys have sex with your girlfriends for several times , then you feel unsuitable and unsatisfied - Would you abandon your girlfriends ? Just in case she is pregnant, what you would do ? That's why a large number of pre-marriage pregnants has an abortion increasely. So why is it that test drives are great ways to pick a car but not such a great strategy for choosing a spouse? Well, it's because deciding who to marry is a fundamentally different kind of question than deciding which car to buy.

If you have to agree with your car about where to go on your next road trip, you need a new car. Successful marriage, on the other hand, is always a real partnership. That means that you see your partner's needs as equally important to your own. Living a life of abstinence before marriage develops the essential ability to control and channel -- not repress -- your own desires. This ability to put what you want on hold for a greater good is an invaluable benefit in living for decades with the one you love.

----------
    Last edited by havythoai; 31-Aug-2006 at 03:42.

Re: Sex

Hi Havythoai,

I am a Vietnamese like you and have just read your essay posted here. Sex for teenage is also a problem that i am interested in and your essay here makes me impressive. But I wonder if you can let me know what the topic of this essay exactly is? that is "concept of safty sex", "need to teach the sexual knownledge for teenages" or "the difference between buying a car and choosing a spouse".
    All the best,

Quang Van

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

It should say "pre-marriage pregnancies" not "pregnants."

Hmmm....that comparison about always test-driving a car before buying it sounds like typical "guy" logic to get a girl into bed. I think you should give more details and maybe examples in your third paragraph when you're explaining why test-driving works for cars and not life partners. What is the difference between a car and a wife? (Well, for one thing, my husband never lovingly pats my "fenders" or calls in sick to work if I don't "start" in the morning, but that'a another story. )

You also don't mention anything about the use of condoms, which is typically an important part of any safe sex discussion.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerquang View Post
    Hi Havythoai,
    I am a Vietnamese like you and have just read your essay posted here. Sex for teenage is also a problem that i am interested in and your essay here makes me impressive. But I wonder if you can let me know what the topic of this essay exactly is? that is "concept of safty sex", "need to teach the sexual knownledge for teenages" or "the difference between buying a car and choosing a spouse".
    All the best,
    Quang Van
    Hi Quang van ! My essay includes 3 issues that you gave above, but I mention "the difference between buying a car and choosing a spouse" much more than the other two. My essay is rather rude and unpolished. I haven't finished its conclusion yet . The problem of sex is pretty extensive. Anyway, thanks for your interest in my essay

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    It should say "pre-marriage pregnancies" not "pregnants."
    Hmmm....that comparison about always test-driving a car before buying it sounds like typical "guy" logic to get a girl into bed. I think you should give more details and maybe examples in your third paragraph when you're explaining why test-driving works for cars and not life partners. What is the difference between a car and a wife? (Well, for one thing, my husband never lovingly pats my "fenders" or calls in sick to work if I don't "start" in the morning, but that'a another story. )
    You also don't mention anything about the use of condoms, which is typically an important part of any safe sex discussion.
    Hi Ouisch !

Thanks for your helps . I just mention the safe sex and don't point out the specific lessons of safe sex, it is because they are the rather extensive problems, can't decribe in texts, that must enroll the courses of reproductive health formally

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

So, there is no mistake in my essay, isn't it ? (about grammar, Vocabulary )

Question Re: Sex

Quote Originally Posted by havythoai View Post
    So, there is no mistake in my essay, isn't it ? (about grammar, Vocabulary )

May be there is no mistake in your essay (grammar and vocabulary), but the reason I asked you about the exact topic of this essay because how can you convince audience of your essay when you can not show that what exact topic you are talking about? safe sex ?, the age of puberty and the sex problem? or "Do u agree or disagree with the statement " buying a car is similar to choosing a spouse ?".

All the best,

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore

Whoever reaches the age of the puberty also cares about the problem of sex. This is easy to understand because it is a physiological phenomenon of human when people has strongly(strong) physical changes at that age. But the important thing is that they need to be(ignore 'be') learned(learn) the lessons of reproductive health, which are very useful for them afterward, which will also help them understand how(what) the concept of safe sex is.

Currently, the number of pre-marriage pregnants(hope you have corrected) is alarmingly increasing in Vietnam because of the lack of sexual knowlegdes(no plural;so 'knowledge'). Besides, girls today are so compiant and soft-hearted that when their boys ask them for sex, then they can(ignore the whole phrase) they offer itimmediately.
    I can't confirm you that my corrections are correct.See for teachers suggestions.

Re:

i think that in your socity the gril as car
    she is just for boy's intersting but in other socity i think the girls are very rspect that is she dress (for example ) alhjab .