• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Letter to a university

Hello, i'm writing this letter to a university and i don't know if it's correct

Greetings,

I am writing to request more information about your arts and science studies.
    I am ____ ,from Egypt, and i am planning to study political science next year at your university. I would be really happy if you help me out and let me know a little bit about the english requirements,admission procedure and scholarships in your university, especially lester b pearson scholarship.Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Letter to a university

Quote Originally Posted by Haneenkhaled View Post
    Hello, I'm writing this letter to a university and I don't know if it's correct

Greetings, Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms + surname OR Dear Sir/Madam OR To whom it may concern

I am writing to request more information about your Arts and Science studies courses.

I am ____ , from Egypt, and I am planning to study Political Science next year at your university. I would be really happy very grateful if you could/would help me out and let me know a little bit about the English requirements, admission procedure and scholarships in your university, especially the Lester B Pearson scholarship. Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely/Yours faithfully
    Welcome to the forum.

Note my corrections above. Don't start a formal letter with "Greetings". If you know the name of the person you're writing to, use "Dear" and follow it with their title and surname. If you do that, end the letter with "Yours sincerely". If you don't know their name, start with either "Dear Sir/Madam" or "To whom it may concern" and end with "Yours faithfully".

Remember to capitalise the word "I" (first person singular) and all proper nouns.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.