• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia

Correcting Grammar by Telling Stories

Hello, here I'd like to make some sentences or maybe telling a story and write anything (that/what) I want to write to upgrade my vocabularies and grammar because this is one of the ways I learn English.
    So I'm going to write something and, I hope you guys will answer and correct my grammar if I'm wrong and, also I'll write 2 words in (parentheses/brackets) when I (hesitate/doubt) to determine (which/which one) of the two words is correct.
    So, I have some problems (in/with) learning English. Sometimes I feel confused and my mind goes blank and also get nervous like shaking when I want to say something to someone. And one of my problems is vocabulary and, I'm pretty sure that I'm so poor of it, and when people talk to me, sometimes I understand what they say sometimes don't. Because I don't understand some words of what they say like what I wrote above that I'm poor of vocabulary, so that makes me confused.
    But (when/if) compared between talking and listening, I'd say that it's easier to listen than talk, cause I can use my mind to understand (of/without of) what they say, even though I don't understand the complete sentence. Of course, writing is easiest than the other two cause I can think a thousand times to do it, even though what I've written is wrong LOL.
    Alright so this is a little of my story (of/about) Learning English, and I'll do it again next time to upgrade my vocabularies and grammar.
    Thank You.

2. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: Correcting Grammar by Telling Stories

This looks like a homework exercise.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Hello adenfzn,
    Did you write the above text yourself?

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia

Probably yes, but I'm not a student anymore.
    I'm 21 years old and, I can speak 4 languages.

1. Indonesian (My main language)
    2. Japanese
    3. German
    4. Sundanese (One of the local languages in Indonesia)

But I can't speak English well, so here I am.
    Last edited by adenfzn; 07-Oct-2018 at 02:30. Reason: I wrote my age wrong (12)

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    Hello adenfzn,
    Did you write the above text yourself?
    Of course, because I really want to learn English.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by adenfzn View Post
    Hello, here I'd like to make write some sentences or maybe telling tell a story and write anything (that/what) I want to write in order to upgrade improve my vocabularies vocabulary and grammar because this is one of the ways I hope to learn English.

So I'm going to write something and (no comma here) I hope you guys will answer and correct my grammar if I'm wrong. and, Also, I'll write 2 two words in (parentheses/brackets) brackets when I (hesitate/doubt) to determine I'm not sure (which/which one) which of the two words is correct.

So, I have some problems (in/with) learning English. Sometimes I feel confused, and my mind goes blank and also I get so nervous like that I start shaking when I want to say something. to someone. And One of my problems is vocabulary and (no comma here) I'm pretty sure that I'm mine is so poor of it, and because when people talk to me, sometimes I understand what they say and sometimes I don't. Because I don't understand some words of what they say like what I wrote above that I'm poor of I feel that my vocabulary is poor, so that makes me confused.

But (when/if) if I compared compare between talking and listening, I'd say that it's easier to listen than talk, because I can use my mind to understand (of/without of) work out what they say mean, even though I don't understand the complete sentence.

Of course, writing is easiest easier than the other two because I can think about what I'm writing a thousand times to do it before I write it, even though sometimes what I've written I write is still wrong. LOL.

Alright so This is a little of my story (of/about) of learning English. and I'll do it again next time I'll write another post soon to upgrade improve my vocabularies vocabulary and grammar.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by adenfzn View Post
    Probably yes, but I'm not a student anymore. (I'm not sure what "Probably yes" was an answer to.)
    I'm 21 years old and (no comma here) I can speak 4 four languages.

1. Indonesian (My main
    native language)
    2. Japanese
    3. German
    4. Sundanese (One of the local languages in Indonesia)

But I can't speak English well, so here I am.
    Please see my corrections above.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 07-Oct-2018 at 17:09.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia

I truly appreciate your help in resolving the problem and I'll try to do better than before.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 07-Oct-2018 at 17:09. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

You're welcome but please note that there is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you" to anyone. Clicking on the Thank button, as you already did, suffices.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.