Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Hello, here I'd like to make some sentences or maybe telling a story and write anything (that/what) I want to write to upgrade my vocabularies and grammar because this is one of the ways I learn English.
So I'm going to write something and, I hope you guys will answer and correct my grammar if I'm wrong and, also I'll write 2 words in (parentheses/brackets) when I (hesitate/doubt) to determine (which/which one) of the two words is correct.
So, I have some problems (in/with) learning English. Sometimes I feel confused and my mind goes blank and also get nervous like shaking when I want to say something to someone. And one of my problems is vocabulary and, I'm pretty sure that I'm so poor of it, and when people talk to me, sometimes I understand what they say sometimes don't. Because I don't understand some words of what they say like what I wrote above that I'm poor of vocabulary, so that makes me confused.
But (when/if) compared between talking and listening, I'd say that it's easier to listen than talk, cause I can use my mind to understand (of/without of) what they say, even though I don't understand the complete sentence. Of course, writing is easiest than the other two cause I can think a thousand times to do it, even though what I've written is wrong LOL.
Alright so this is a little of my story (of/about) Learning English, and I'll do it again next time to upgrade my vocabularies and grammar.
Thank You. :)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
This looks like a homework exercise.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello adenfzn, :)
Did you write the above text yourself?

adenfzn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Probably yes, but I'm not a student anymore.
I'm 21 years old and, I can speak 4 languages.

1. Indonesian (My main language)
2. Japanese
3. German
4. Sundanese (One of the local languages in Indonesia)

But I can't speak English well, so here I am.

Last edited:

adenfzn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, [STRIKE]here[/STRIKE] I'd like to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] write some sentences or maybe [STRIKE]telling[/STRIKE] tell a story [STRIKE]and write anything (that/what) I want to write[/STRIKE] in order to [STRIKE]upgrade[/STRIKE] improve my [STRIKE]vocabularies[/STRIKE] vocabulary and grammar because this is one of the ways I hope to learn English.

So I'm going to write something and (no comma here) I hope you guys will answer and correct my grammar if I'm wrong. [STRIKE]and,[/STRIKE] Also, I'll write [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two words in [STRIKE](parentheses/brackets)[/STRIKE] brackets when [STRIKE]I (hesitate/doubt) to determine[/STRIKE] I'm not sure [STRIKE](which/which one)[/STRIKE] which of the two words is correct.

[STRIKE]So,[/STRIKE] I have some problems [STRIKE](in/with)[/STRIKE] learning English. Sometimes I feel confused, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] my mind goes blank and [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] I get so nervous [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] that I start shaking when I want to say something. [STRIKE]to someone.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] One of my problems is vocabulary and (no comma here) I'm pretty sure that [STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] mine is [strike]so[/strike] poor [STRIKE]of it, and[/STRIKE] because when people talk to me, sometimes I understand what they say and sometimes I don't. Because I don't understand some [STRIKE]words[/STRIKE] of what they say [STRIKE]like what I wrote above that[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]I'm poor of[/STRIKE] I feel that my vocabulary is poor, so that makes me confused.

But [STRIKE](when/if)[/STRIKE] if I [STRIKE]compared[/STRIKE] compare [STRIKE]between[/STRIKE] talking and listening, I'd say that it's easier to listen than talk, because I can [STRIKE]use my mind to understand (of/without of)[/STRIKE] work out what they [STRIKE]say[/STRIKE] mean, even though I don't understand the complete sentence.

Of course, writing is [STRIKE]easiest[/STRIKE] easier than the other two because I can think about what I'm writing a thousand times [STRIKE]to do it[/STRIKE] before I write it, even though sometimes what [STRIKE]I've written[/STRIKE] I write is still wrong. LOL.

[STRIKE]Alright so[/STRIKE] This is a little of my story [STRIKE](of/about)[/STRIKE] of learning English. [STRIKE]and I'll do it again next time[/STRIKE] I'll write another post soon to [STRIKE]upgrade[/STRIKE] improve my [STRIKE]vocabularies[/STRIKE] vocabulary and grammar.
Thank you. :)

Probably yes, but I'm not a student anymore. (I'm not sure what "Probably yes" was an answer to.)
I'm 21 years old and (no comma here) I can speak [STRIKE]4[/STRIKE] four languages.

1. Indonesian (My [STRIKE]main[/STRIKE]
native language)
2. Japanese
3. German
4. Sundanese (One of the local languages in Indonesia)

But I can't speak English well, so here I am.

Please see my corrections above.

Last edited:

adenfzn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
I truly appreciate your help in resolving the problem and I'll try to do better than before.
Thank you. :-D

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You're welcome but please note that there is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you" to anyone. Clicking on the Thank button, as you already did, suffices.

Status
Not open for further replies.