difference between "day" and "date"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawyerquang

Could you kindly tell me exactly the difference between "day" and "date" and its usage as well?
Thanks alot indeed!
Quang Van

Lekha

I think by day, you're referring the seven days in a week: Sunday, Monday, and so on. by date you're talking about what particular date of a month: 23rd of April, 1st of August, etc.

lawyerquang

I think by day, you're referring the seven days in a week: Sunday, Monday, and so on. by date you're talking about what particular date of a month: 23rd of April, 1st of August, etc.

thanks for your answer, LeKha, and I have ever thought about that but now, for me, by day we referring the time unit expressed by one circle the earth turns around its exis. for example, one day, two days...and with "date" we are talking about the particular date as time unit of a month: 31 August,...do you agree with me?

Fazzu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
My thoughts of difference between them: A "date" referring to a specific time whereas a "day" is not referred as a specific time unless you are saying,"the day before yesterday I was..,on that day..,that day I was..," (in a conversation).

Status
Not open for further replies.