Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hello, i'm writing this letter to a university and i don't know if it's correct

Greetings,

I am writing to request more information about your arts and science studies.
I am ____ ,from Egypt, and i am planning to study political science next year at your university. I would be really happy if you help me out and let me know a little bit about the english requirements,admission procedure and scholarships in your university, especially lester b pearson scholarship.Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, I'm writing this letter to a university and I don't know if it's correct

[STRIKE]Greetings,[/STRIKE] Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms + surname OR Dear Sir/Madam OR To whom it may concern

I am writing to request more information about your Arts and Science [STRIKE]studies[/STRIKE] courses.

I am ____ , from Egypt, and I am planning to study Political Science next year at your university. I would be [STRIKE]really happy[/STRIKE] very grateful if you could/would [STRIKE]help me out and[/STRIKE] let me know [STRIKE]a little bit[/STRIKE] about the English requirements, admission procedure and scholarships [STRIKE]in your university[/STRIKE], especially the Lester B Pearson scholarship. Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely/Yours faithfully

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Note my corrections above. Don't start a formal letter with "Greetings". If you know the name of the person you're writing to, use "Dear" and follow it with their title and surname. If you do that, end the letter with "Yours sincerely". If you don't know their name, start with either "Dear Sir/Madam" or "To whom it may concern" and end with "Yours faithfully".

Remember to capitalise the word "I" (first person singular) and all proper nouns.

Status
Not open for further replies.