Interested in Language
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello everyone!

Could I please ask good native speaking people here, if it would be possible to check and correct my letter?
clear.png
I would like to send my friend a birthday package, with this letter inside. I am so nervous about it and I would be very grateful if anybody can correct to have least mistakes as possible. :)

Thank you very much!
clear.png

Happy birthday!
Today marks one small milestone in the beautiful journey that is your life. May you continue to be blessed and follow your goals and ambitions to success. Dream big and let your dreams take you to an amazing place, where you always wanted to be.May your memories today be awesome, your dreams become a reality, and your joy and beauty last forever. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, today and every year, for the rest of your life J

I very much hope that this package arrived all right to you,that I am not writing inconveniently and this letter will be readable for you,despite my very bad English and ugly handwriting. J

You have put a smile on my face so many times, so I hope I can give you one in return on your big day. It is just a small gift, with which I would like to say a big thank you - for everything you have done for me. You are always so kind and I appreciate it very much. You are my motivation and inspiration and I will always be you big fan, here from Czechia J

Please, accept my apology for the delay of this package, I wanted so much to let it be delivered on your birthday, but unfortunately last few months have been so hard and hectic and I was not able to send it as I planned. I’m so sorry this is getting to you late, but please know I was thinking of you and wishing you everything wonderful. Nothing on earth would force me to forget about your birthday.

Inside, you will find goods, which are typical for Czech Republic from its history and tradition, and are all manufactured here. So you can experience a small piece of Czech Republic right at your home J

I sincerely hope that it isnt inappropriate in any way, and will bring you at least a little smile on your face. J

P.S. – Thank you for helping choose the right size… J
Best regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, naimeR.

Happy birthday!
Today marks one small milestone in the beautiful journey that is your life. May you continue to be blessed and follow your goals and ambitions to success. Dream big and let your dreams take you to an amazing place, where you always wanted to be. May your memories today be awesome, your dreams become a reality, and your joy and beauty last forever. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, today and every year, for the rest of your life. J

I very much hope that this package arrived safely, that I am not writing inconveniently and this letter will be readable for you, despite my poor English and ugly handwriting. J

You have put a smile on my face so many times, so I hope I can give you one in return on your big day. It is just a small gift, with which I would like to say a big thank you for everything you have done for me. You are always so kind and I appreciate it very much. You are my motivation and inspiration and I will always be you big fan, here in Czechia. J

Please [no comma] accept my apologies for the lateness of this package. I wanted so much to have it delivered on your birthday, but unfortunately these last few months have been very hard and hectic and I was not able to send it when I planned. I’m so sorry this is getting to you late, but please know I was thinking of you and wishing you everything wonderful. Nothing on earth would make me forget about your birthday.

Inside, you will find goods [no comma] which are typical of the Czech Republic from its history and tradition, and are all manufactured here, so you can experience a small piece of my country in your home. J

I sincerely hope that [STRIKE]it isn[/STRIKE][STRIKE]'t[/STRIKE] they aren't inappropriate in any way, and will bring you at least a little smile to your face. J

Thank you for helping me to choose the right size… J

Best regards,

Last edited:

naimeR

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Thank you, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I can't express how thankful and grateful I am.

I made so many mistakes, wow. I know my english is bad, but this is even more than I expected.

Thank you once again :)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
"I will always be your big fan".

-------------------------------------
Also, although Rover's version above is correct, I would probably say "Thank you for helping me choose the right size".

maxmayer

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Not a teacher

Oh, colleague. I am also not as good in English as I would like, but I try to improve myself every day. And the letter is very good, but there are mistakes

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello maxmayer, and thanks for joining the forum. :)
You're welcome to write meaningful/genuine posts as comments or questions, but please do not just submit frivolous posts just to build up your profile on the forum.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Also, please state that you are not a teacher, as required by the forum's Posting Guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.