Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Task:
The Environment Planning Committee is organising a campaign to make our town more 'green'. You are invited to submit a proposal related to your neighbourhood. Present some factual information about the area, pointing out any relevant environmental issues, and suggest practical measures which individuals and families could take to make the neighbourhood more green.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************
My Proposal

Introduction
The aim of this proposal is to present Sofia's environmental issues and to suggest ways of reducing them. So, as a result, to make our city more 'green'.

Pollution
In my opinion, the most tremendous problem is the high level of pollution. In addition to manufacturers and plants which pollute ceaselessly, people are the other reason for the abuse in Sofia. Factories pollute local air and water which reflects to the ecosystem. Moreover, citizens are the ones who litter everywhere on the streets at any time. I think that we can stop that if the council increase the taxes for contaminating and obligate all factories to put filters.

Electricity
These days we use the electricity with the thought that it unlimited. Most of the electrical appliances, like lamps, TVs and computers, are not turned off when no one has their need. That can be often seen not only in our homes but also in many office buildings and schools. So to lower the unnecessary usage of electricity we can remind people to turn off the electrical equipment when they are not needed.

Travel
Despite that Sofia has the best public transport there is much traffic every day. With the increasing of the cars, air pollution is getting more serious problem every day. We cannot ban cars but we can encourage the use of public transport by making discounts on the tickets. Also, the taxes for electric cars can be reduced.

Conclusion
In conclusion, I will say that the problems which I said are real but they can be prevented by following my suggestions so to make our city more 'green'.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************
Thanks in advance!:):)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Who set you this task and when are you going to submit it to your teacher/tutor for marking or grading?

KrisCholakov

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
My teacher. I have to submit it to her tomorrow.

KrisCholakov

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
It’s for my CAE Preparation course

KrisCholakov

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
For a month now I am attending a CAE Preparation course. My teacher gaves me a writing every 2 weeks. I will have the exam next year.

KrisCholakov

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
So there is no point writing in the forum.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Not if you expect this forum to help you to deceive your teacher into thinking you are cleverer than you actually are. When your teacher has seen and evaluated your work you can come back to us if he/she has not explained the reasons for giving you a low mark/grade.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There are many good reasons for using this site. Cheating on an assignment isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.