Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Mexico
Current Location
Mexico
here it is:

“We know what we are but not what we may be” - William Shakespeare.
I have taken this quote to the last word to develop myself confidence and ambitions in life.
The desire to pursue an international career in data science and continuously learn, made me learn by myself SQL code as well as treat large scale datasets through Business Intelligence tools and move from my hometown 6 years ago to the Mexico's Silicon Valley, Guadalajara, Jalisco.
I hold a BSc in Industrial Engineering and in the past 6 years I have worked for medium sized and multinational companies which let me broadened my perspectives and understand the needs of different industries. Some of these companies, like PepsiCo and Tricolor Auto, have outsourced my functions using employment agencies such as Adecco and Intugo respectively.
Also, these experiences have deepened my knowledge in data, for example, learning concepts such as ETL processes and help me understand the importance to learn a programming language for data science exploration and development such as Python which I am currently learning by myself too.
I discovered my passion in data during my professional career, where based on cold numbers I was able to find the best suitable outcomes and questioned the status quo, therefore I have chosen this field as my professional path.
My goal as a professional is to get a lead role as a data scientist and eventually become a Chief Data Scientist.
My goal as a human being is to serve and help others in significant way. For example taking in consideration humankind problems and collaborate globally in order to come up with innovative solutions in many fields such as health and education, using for example machine learning algorithms and bring closer the solutions to the people in need of these ones.
BDMA programme offers a broad spectrum of courses flavored with international perspectives by studying in several countries.
This master degree will provide an inside-out knowledge of Big data and Business intelligence aspects. It will certainly give me the chance to do an international network, connecting with likeminded people in order to collaborate, discuss and develop my own knowledge. I will be surrounded by leading thinkers in the data field, potentially including the latest technologies and high-end equipment being used within the field.
By joining this programme, I would not only be able to enrich my knowledge in data management but also contribute with my field related experience with cases and solutions that are actually happening and being used within many industries nowadays.
I have very clear this is the professional and life path I want to follow, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to achieve a successful career on it.
To all those who took the time to read these lines, I want to thank you, because I know that one day you had the same dream as me and took advantage of the opportunities that life gave you and with your work and contributions make this world a better place.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Is this short essay going to be compared against those of other applicants for the scholarship? Are you in competition with other people for the scholarship?

Status
Not open for further replies.