Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
A pretty girl

At the mid night, there was a pretty girl with a long black hair on a lonely road. She was waiting for a taxi while she was naked. After she was in a taxi and the taxi went for a long time. She was very angry because the taxi driver frequently looked at her without looking the road. She talked to the taxi driver angrily “Does he never see a woman with nakedness?” The taxi driver embarrassedly replied “I saw a lot of naked girls, but I wonder that where does she put money in to pay?”

Please give some advices for my mistakes.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Is there any chance you could give us a link to the source of the jokes? Just once.
(I think I've mentioned this before).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Unfortunately there are so many mistakes that it's impossible to correct them within the post as I would normally do. The best I can do for you is to rewrite the entire joke.

One night, at midnight, a naked girl was waiting for a taxi on a lonely road. Eventually a taxi picked her up. After driving a long way, she realised the driver had been staring at her instead of the road and it made her angry. "Haven't you ever seen a naked woman before?", she asked. The taxi driver, embarrassed, said "I've seen a lot of naked girls but this time I'm wondering where you keep your money!"

I have a few observations:
1) It's not very funny.
2) It's a bit ridiculous. Naked women don't hang around on the street, whether they're waiting for a taxi or not.
3) The fact that she has long black hair is totally irrelevant and I have no idea why it's in the original joke.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't know what happens to anyone else, but when I click on that link it takes me to the homepage of a domestic internet provider.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
It takes me to the joke page too. That's all I wanted to see.

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I was taken to what appears to be a thread entitled (if Google translate is to be believed) 'Funny short jokes' in a Vietnamese forum. I imagine that chunchunthn is translating them.
I translated them into English. I used my vocabularies and ideas to rewrite them.

Status
Not open for further replies.