Could someone please improve this short email for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, could you please help me make this email better:

Hello professors,

Thank you very much for taking your time and filling in the Doodle poll. Based on the results of the poll, we have decided to go with Monday, Nov 12th, from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. The location will be the Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering conference room. Thank you again everybody for accepting to be in my committee and I look forward to seeing you then.

Warmest regards,
ZYX

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, could you please help me make this email better:

Hello professors,

Thank you very much for taking [STRIKE]your time and filling[/STRIKE] the time to fill in the Doodle poll. Based on the results of the poll, we have decided to go with Monday, Nov 12th, from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. The location will be the Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering conference room. Thank you again everybody for [STRIKE]accepting[/STRIKE] agreeing to be [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on my committee and I look forward to seeing you. [STRIKE]then.[/STRIKE]

Warmest regards,

ZYX​

See above. I'm not sure how informal you can be with your professors but I imagine you know if they will be OK with you using "Hello" and "Warmest regards".

Ameri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
See above. I'm not sure how informal you can be with your professors but I imagine you know if they will be OK with you using "Hello" and "Warmest regards".

Thank you so much for your constructive comment. I do not want to be informal at all! Do you mean using "Hello" and "Warmest regards" makes my email informal? Could you please explain why and how I may fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
For a formal email, start with "Dear Professors" and end with "Yours" or "Yours sincerely". If it's going to a lot of different people, it would be impractical to name them all. If, however, it's only going to a small number, I'd use their surnames at the start. For example, "Dear Professors Brown, Smith, and Jones".

Status
Not open for further replies.