Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Could someone please improve this short email for me?

Hi, could you please help me make this email better:

Hello professors,

Thank you very much for taking your time and filling in the Doodle poll. Based on the results of the poll, we have decided to go with Monday, Nov 12th, from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. The location will be the Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering conference room. Thank you again everybody for accepting to be in my committee and I look forward to seeing you then.

Warmest regards,
    ZYX

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Could someone please improve this short email for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ameri View Post
    Hi, could you please help me make this email better:

Hello professors,

Thank you very much for taking your time and filling the time to fill in the Doodle poll. Based on the results of the poll, we have decided to go with Monday, Nov 12th, from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. The location will be the Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering conference room. Thank you again everybody for accepting agreeing to be in on my committee and I look forward to seeing you. then.

Warmest regards,

ZYX

See above. I'm not sure how informal you can be with your professors but I imagine you know if they will be OK with you using "Hello" and "Warmest regards".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    See above. I'm not sure how informal you can be with your professors but I imagine you know if they will be OK with you using "Hello" and "Warmest regards".
    Thank you so much for your constructive comment. I do not want to be informal at all! Do you mean using "Hello" and "Warmest regards" makes my email informal? Could you please explain why and how I may fix this?
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 26-Oct-2018 at 20:01. Reason: Fixed strange code in quote box

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

For a formal email, start with "Dear Professors" and end with "Yours" or "Yours sincerely". If it's going to a lot of different people, it would be impractical to name them all. If, however, it's only going to a small number, I'd use their surnames at the start. For example, "Dear Professors Brown, Smith, and Jones".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.