• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Enclosure for cover letter

Hi,
    I am going to apply for an academic program. I should submit a motivation letter. All the procedure of application is through the website of university. Now I have two questions:

1) Should I write at the end of my letter "encl: CV, Transcripts", or this related to letter in envelope and for application through website it is not needed?
    2) Should I write the sentence "I have enclosed all the required documents along with this letter" or I should write: "I have submitted all the required documents"?

Thank you.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Enclosure for cover letter

Welcome to the forum.

We don't use "Enclosed/Enc" at all with websites or emails. It's only appropriate for physical letters and paperwork.

I'd say "All required documents are attached" if they are attachments to the email. If you submit those documents via a separate page of the website, I'd say "I have submitted all required documents on the relevant web page" or something similar.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.